Water Arobics??

Ginger
on 5/4/06 3:43 am - Chandler, AZ
Hey everybody, When my kids were little, I used to take them for swimming lessons at our local community pools (Chandler) As I'd wait for my boys, I'd watch the ladies doing the water arobics class. I'd giggle and think about how silly they looked doing all that bopping around. Now, I want to be the one out there...I was hoping it would kick my weight-loss into high gear..but here's the problem. There are no water arobics classes offered by Chandler parks and rec. Can anybody from Mesa or Gilbert tell me if their parks and rec offer the class, and if a non-resident can take the class??? Any ideas are welcome. Hugs and smiles, Ginger
Judy F.
on 5/4/06 6:08 pm - Sierra Vista, AZ
Hi Ginger. I'm down in Sierra Vista so I can't answer about what is available in the valley. I just wanted to say tha****er aerobics is an EXCELLENT form of exercise. It's easy on the joints and I read that a 1/2 hour of water aerobics is equal to about an hour on land. Depending on what type of of water aerobics a person does, it can offer both strength training as well as a good cardio workout. We are lucky down here because the city offers several water classes. Right now I am in an intermediate class trying to work up to the deep water aerobics which will be a very strong cardio workout for me. Best of luck finding a class. Judy
grammasam
on 5/5/06 10:24 am - Phoenix, AZ
Hi Ginger, Try the local Y. They may have water aerobics. One of my friends at work took classes there. Good luck.
Most Active