6 Weeks 2 days -60lbs (more)

Darlene X
on 5/2/06 11:33 pm - Maricopa, AZ
Dang, I figured weight would come off quickly, due to my age (24), young and reasonably good metabolism, and I dont have such a long history of up and down dieting as most ... I just didn't figure this fast. I was hoping for 50lbs by 2-3 months. I still can't see it.... I took some pictures last night, and looking at those I don't see it.... but the scale doesn't lie. Im still very very sick. I called out from work again (3 days in a row) I feel very guilty, but I just can't do it. Im gonna call at 8am on the dot and make a doctors appointment for this afternoon. Hopefully they can get me on some small anti-biotics, or liquid ones. EJ has a whole prescription of amoxocillin (sp?) at home, but they are too big for me to swallow. I know I have infection in my chest--- Ive sent Hubby for some vicks & cough medicine this morning to try get some temporary relief. Im trying very very hard not to get dehydrated, but I just can't drink.... Ive been getting in about 30oz of water--- and very little food. My tastebuds are gone, everything I eat is horrible... it's so hard to eat right now. I just want to feel well again. *whine whine* I hope everyone is doing better than me!!! Darlene 338/278/170
sallyann
on 5/3/06 4:46 am - page, AZ
amazing! You are doing very well. Congrats. this is not like anyother diet where you will gain your weight back. this surgery is awesome. Good luck and keep up the good work! you are an inspiration to me. Thanks. Sally
vquigley
on 5/3/06 1:34 pm - Phoenix, AZ
Darlene, you're doing great. I know it's important to try to get those liquids in. I also know what it feels like to not have an appetite as I was very sick for 3 months about 7 years ago and it's no fun! I empathize. Don't feel guilty about staying home and taking care of yourself--besides this is something you don't want to share with your co-workers. Virginia
Judy F.
on 5/4/06 6:22 pm - Sierra Vista, AZ
Darlene, You had your surgery done about the time I was in the process of getting mine scheduled so I have been following your progress. I am so excited for you and it is so amazing how much weight you have lost in a short period of time. The last serious diet I did, it took me 8 months to lose 30 pounds so I would be thrilled (for myself) to lose 30 pounds in 6 weeks, much less 60. Congratulations and I hope you feel better soon.
Tiffany McGee
on 5/5/06 6:38 am - Glendale, AZ
You are doing fantastic Darlene! Sorry to hear about the chest cold. Try a humidifier with vicks vapor rub in it. That works some for my munchkin and hubband. They both have horrid allergies and get congested on a regular (like a monthly visitor regular) basis. Take Care and get Well Soon! Tiff
moirap
on 5/6/06 12:58 am - Mesa, AZ
Hi Darlene, Congratualtions on your superb weight loss. I am so sorry you are still sick. You likely need some super strong meds cause its been a while for just a cold. The doctor can give you liquid antibiotic.How do you do with ice chips If you are having difficulty with the water you can munch on ice chips and it will keep you hydrated if you have enough of them. Just a thought. Let me know if ya need anything. Feel good say hi to EJ Moira
Marilyn C.
on 5/7/06 1:59 pm - Bullhead City, AZ
Hi Darlene I have been really quiet on this board for awhile, but congrats on your weight loss. Hang in There. Make sure if you take cough syrup that you only get the sugar-free for diabetics that is out there. You will most likely dump on any of the regular stuff as it has too much sugar and alcohol in it. Tylenol liquid cold & flu works, but it also can cause problems as it does have alcolhol in it too!! Get those anti-biotics soon. Your taste will come back, just hang in there. Feel better soon. How is EJ Doing? Marilyn, the Bearlady
Most Active