Finally approved (and just diagnosed with MS)

LisaSpi
on 5/4/06 3:29 am - Tucson, AZ
I was diagnosed with MS also. I have researched all the different treatments and if you have any kind of thyroid problems please think about using Copaxone because all the interferons have shown to affect the thyroid. Just my two cents! Lisa Spiker Tucson AZ
LisaSpi
on 5/4/06 3:34 am - Tucson, AZ
Congrats on your approval! I know how excited you must be about that! They took 2 years to figure out that I had MS, I was just recently diagnosed after a zillion different test. I am waiting on insurance approval for my copaxone even as we speak. My doc wanted me to do the Avonex but I have hashimotos thyroid disease and all the interferons have been shown to interfere with thyroid production. So, I am sticking to the copaxone, I would rather once a day shots than to have my thyroid out of wack again! Again congrats and good luck! Lisa Spiker Tucson AZ Lap RNY 7/28/04 364/212/160
victorious711
on 5/4/06 5:47 am - flagstaff, AZ
As far as the anticipation and the actual shot I always ice the irea first to get it totally numb. I actually dont even feel the injection. Try that. For the entire half and hour before I get my shot I hold and ice pack to my (arm, leg where-ever) and completely and totally numb the whole area. I dont think I could do it otherwise. I also notice that if I drink alot of water the day of that it cuts way down on the after effects as well. As for the thyroid condition, yes I had heard that Avonex was not reccommended if you have a thyroid condition. I have been tested and have shown no problems with my thyroid, but thank you for thinking of that. And thank you for the congrats on the surgery. I am nervous, excited, scared, relieved...everything all at once.
(deactivated member)
on 5/4/06 11:29 am - Phoenix, AZ
* My husband has not had WLS.... I am so happy for your approval, I wish you well.
Most Active