PSYCH EVALV TUESDAY... ADVICE

Courtney G.
on 4/21/06 1:55 pm - Scottsdale, AZ
I have my psych eval Monday at shea hospital. Does anybody have any advice or info with what I can expect?
SweetCivi
on 4/21/06 2:08 pm - Yuma, AZ
Hi Courtney, I went through Scottsdale Bariatric Center also. They did my psych eval too. Just stay relaxed and don't get nervous. I am sure that you will be fine. Kristin 350/270/150
Courtney G.
on 4/21/06 2:12 pm - Scottsdale, AZ
What tpe of questions are asked? How long does it take from my appointment untill everything is submitted to the insurance?
diamanti1
on 4/21/06 2:23 pm - Peoria, AZ
They use the MMPI exam....so try a google search for MMPI....and see what you find...the process was simple...just answer truthfully and don't try to sway the answers to what you think they need to be....good luck and have fun...life is great after surgery. Dave 411/225/170
Darlene X
on 4/21/06 11:09 pm - Maricopa, AZ
David, 225lbs??????? You need new pictures stud!!!!! Darlene
SweetCivi
on 4/21/06 2:21 pm - Yuma, AZ
If I remember correctly, I took about 2-3 hours for the written test. And I sat with the psychiatrist for about 20-30 minutes. He was extremely nice and I felt very comfortable. One thing to remember is that they are not there to go against you in getting WLS. They are there to help you and make sure that you know what to expect, make sure that you are strong enough emotionally for the dramatic changes that will occur. The test asked pretty much the same thing over and over again but just worded differently. Things like "Have you ever considered suicide?' and "Have you ever felt that your life wasn't worth living?". They also ask questions to see if you think that it is fair to not follow rules. I assumed this is to see if you would follow the program after surgery. I was extremely worried about the test before. And truly it isn't anything to worry about. Kristin
SweetCivi
on 4/21/06 2:49 pm - Yuma, AZ
I was just looking at your profile and you have your consult on 4/25. I am headed up there on 4/24 for my follow-up. Just remember that when taking the test to stay relaxed and just be truthful and you will do fine. Are they doing all of the consults on the 25th (Nutrition, Surgeon, & Psych)? Kristin
Courtney G.
on 4/21/06 2:56 pm - Scottsdale, AZ
Yes, I am doing it all on Tuesday. I guess it is usually a 2 day process but I am doing everything that 1 day. After that appointment how long until they send everything to the insurance?
SweetCivi
on 4/22/06 5:40 am - Yuma, AZ
They submitted my information that same week. I was really impressed with the speed that they did everything. I have a friend at work that started this whole process before I did and as of the week before last she found out that they hadn't even submitted her paperwork to the insurance. Here I am 3 months post-op and she hasn't even got an insurance approval. Scottsdale Bariatric doesn't seem to mess around. Kristin
Texas Girl
on 4/22/06 1:22 am
Relax you will do great.. Connie
Most Active