Hello All!!!! I am new and very excited about life again.

jgowan
on 4/17/06 11:49 am - Sierra Vista, AZ
My name is Jessie, I live in Sierra Vista, Az. Tomorrow I will be in Phoenix for the ABC Seminar. I have Mercy Care Insurance and have been trying to get all the needed things out of the way. Ill be honest I am 5'6 and weigh about 300lbs. I have two boys ages 2 and 10. I am married and am sick of being fat. I have four friends who have had this surgery and they all look fabulous now. One friend went from a size 26 to a size 6. I had the psy. evaluation, seen a dietician, had the initial Dr. Fang evaluation and went to the first seminar. I havent alot of major health issues but I do have gerd, knee and hip pain, and platar fiser-something that require injections in my heels.ugh! I would love to hear advice from anyone who has advice to offer. Thanks
JRinAZ
on 4/17/06 2:29 pm - Layton, UT
Ah oh! Did you really ask for advice??? Just kidding! I promise to sit on my hands and keep myself from going on and on and on! LOL! Congrats to you! My DH had Dr. Fang and has done great! I had Dr. Zahn who was also with St Luke's....they have a terrific before and after care program so you are in good hands..... Say Hi to one of my favorite post-opsi....he also lives in Sierra Vista: Bob Hooper (Big dog)! He's lost thousands of pounds and is an amazing man! Hugggz to you, Joyce
jgowan
on 4/18/06 3:11 am - Sierra Vista, AZ
I just love your picture, you have a very pretty and friendly smile. Thank you for writting. I do not know who your friend is from Sierra Vista but would love to meet him. Did you have the wls? How much wt. did you lose? Just wondering because you look great.
K B (Tucson)
on 4/17/06 2:31 pm - Tucson, AZ
Are you still deciding with your doc what type of wls you want or have you decided?
jgowan
on 4/18/06 3:05 am - Sierra Vista, AZ
The lap RNY. That is what three of my friends had and they look and feel great. I am just worried about the excess skin that I will have.
Judy F.
on 4/17/06 3:28 pm - Sierra Vista, AZ
Hi Jessica, I can't really offer much advice as I am pre-op as well. But I wanted to say hi to a fellow Sierra Vistan. I am a cash patient and I am going through the Scottsdale Bariatric center with either Dr. Blackstone or Dr Kieran as my surgeon. Right now, I am just waiting for the SBC to get back with me to schedule my surgery. Some paperwork they needed from one of my dr's here in SV has held me up with getting scheduled..ugh. I will be having the lap RNY. Do you know yet what type of surgery you are having? Like you, I am married with one son (7 years). I am 5'5 at 294. I also have gerd, knee and hip pain, and have had plantar faciaitiis (sp?) in my heels. In addition, I am also type II Diabetic. I am so excited about the surgery, which I hope to have scheduled around the beginning of June. Anyhow, I just wanted to say hi and wish you the best as you go through this journey.
jgowan
on 4/18/06 3:00 am - Sierra Vista, AZ
Thank you all for writting. I have decided to have the lap RNY done by Dr. Fang. Like I said before I go today for the ABC seminars and then I must attend a group seminar in my area so does anyone know of any? I would also like to find some exercise buddies who would like to walk so please let me know. Have a wonderful day
jinn
on 4/18/06 5:56 am - Mesa, AZ
Hey Jessica, I will be there today for one ABC class - I have the other 2 out of the way already! I have a date for surgery - May 24th! I am very excited!! I am with Dr. Juarez. If you would like to meet and sit together tonight let me know! Jinn
Darlene X
on 4/18/06 5:14 am - Maricopa, AZ
Hi Jessie! Welcome!!! Both my husband and I had Dr Fang and just love him! he is wonderful! Im almost 4 weeks post-op and hubby is almost 7 months post-op. You are in great hands, good luck with everything! Darlene EJ: 520/342/200 Me: 338/299/170
Most Active