How was the weekend????

Darlene X
on 4/17/06 1:01 am - Maricopa, AZ
Hi Guys!!!!!!!!!! I had a pretty good weekend, Saturday was lazy! I went and got an awesome pedicure! We went out in the evening--- it was hard for me, because we wanted something to do, and there isnt much choice... and all I could think of was food, and restraunts.... thats what we would normally do. We did a litle shopping, I got a cute shirt for church Sunday. Then we had an expensive and gourmet dinner at Wendy's hahaha. We ordered 2 baked potatoes and a small chilli... grand total $3.21 and we wasted over half of it. I just had a teeny bit of chilli--- I dont like Wendy's chilli so much anymore... or so I found out--- and ate about 1/2 the inside of the potato. Before we both had WLS, we wouldnt have left Wendys under $14. After dinner we went to Golfland Sun Splash in Mesa... we played arcade games, it was so much fun!!! After we met my Sister in law (Also has had WLS) and her husband and played board games till 1am. Sunday I was so cute!! hahaha. My outfit and toes and everything matched, we had church and then met for our family dinner. I cooked the ham (Everyone in the family loves my homemade honey baked ham) and also a green bean casserole. We met and the kids had an egg hunt outside. I didn't think it would bother me, but it did... watching the kids opening the plastic eggs full of jelly beans, mini M&M's etc.. Dinner went great! I ate a small amount of ham (Maybe 1/8 slice), some mashed potatoes (2 TBS or so) and some of my green bean casserole (Around 1 TBS). Everything went down and stayed down fine. I actually realized last night I finally got that "full" feeling.... we left before dessert, it was getting late anyway, and I didnt want to be around the Marie Calander pies LOL. In my sister in laws defense, she tried to get a SF pie, but they were completely sold out of all SF pies. All in all an excellent weekend!!!!!!!!! This morning I FINALLY broke my stall!!!!!!!!!!! Ive been stalled for about 2 weeks, and today I got on, and had dropped 2 more lbs, putting me into the 200's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YAY. Im now officially 299lbs, -39lbs since surgery. So how did everyone else do this weekend and with easter????? Darlene 338/299/170
JRinAZ
on 4/17/06 4:00 am - Layton, UT
Way to go DArlene! It sounds like you did great!....Holidays are difficult for me (probably everyone) with eating. I had been watching thrings closely for days and days so I didn't feel bad mentally over my extra choices yesterday but my body sure felt it this morning. I feel like I've got a hangover or something! I don't think my body is used to carbs and though I stayed within a good calorie range, I had more carbs than usual. ....Sooooo...making my body happier by going back to straight protein for a couple of days! Believe me...you didn't miss anything with the pies! It seems like every time I splurge with a bite or 2 of something ion the "dumping no-no list"; my tastebuds are disapointed and my mind is sad that I wasted some really great calorie choices! LOL! Hugggz to you and congrats on losing a couple more1 Joyce
Ginger
on 4/17/06 9:20 am - Chandler, AZ
Hi Darlene, We had a great week-end too!! First of all, I painted my living room and hall on Thursday. I decided to try an "accent wall" from some paint that my sister gave me. I guess I'm a pretty conservative decorator..cause my new terra cotta wall..has shocked my men!! I told them..at least it wasn't pink with little flowers. Well, the new paint led to making new curtains and buying a new picture for my wall over the couch! My guys worked on the yard while I was..sprusing up the inside. After all our work..the last thing I wanted to do for Easter was to cook. Our family met at Hometown buffet. When my son was paying for his own meal (we paid separately) He told the cashier that he had the gastric by-pass surgery and that he was very limited to what he could eat there...That boy paid a whole $2.90 for his meal..while we each paid a whopping 10 bucks! It's so funny because this is a guy who would NEVER tell anybody that he had the surgery two years ago...now he's all for getting the discounts! We came back to my house and hung-out afterward. We had so much fun just enjoying each others company. The T.V. never got turned on. We took pictures (against my terra cotta wall) and printed them off right away. I just might have the courage to post a new picture of myself..I don't see much difference, but others do. I just wanted to share how #1..I had so much energy to get things done around the house(oh, and don't forget the shopping!) and #2 I'm having fun with my family again, I don't run for cover like I used to when the camera comes out. I still have a long way to go to get to goal...but I feel hopeful for the first time in my life now..So glad I had the surgery!! I'm glad you and EJ had a great Easter too!! Hugs and Smile, Ginger
JRinAZ
on 4/17/06 2:24 pm - Layton, UT
Hey Ginger! Some other fun restaurants that will take your surgeon's card and give discounts are Sweet Tomaotes (children's price) and Souper Salad in Chandler (children's price). They have been great! Our Chandler support group has gone to both of those place a couple of times and they always treat all of us great! On the other hand, I have NOT had a good experience at Home Town Buffet and just cannot justify paying their big price for the itty bitty bites of protein that I can consume at one time! Glad you guys had a Happy Easter! ......can't wait to see your new pic against your new wall! Hugggz, Joyce
Most Active