i am a newcomer....

Courtney G.
on 4/11/06 3:28 am - Scottsdale, AZ
Hey all!! i am 27 and weigh 285. BMI 49 I went to the seminar at Scottsdale Shea. I have my initial appointment on 4-25-06 for RYGB>>>can't wait!! I have United Health Care (choice Plus)!! Does anyone have any stories on this insurance? If I am approved I am hoping to only take off 2 weeks from work. Is this realistic? Let me just add that I was still going to ASU (2 yrs ago) I had my son by C-section and was back at school and walking across campus in 2 weeks. So lets hope i can do it now too. Please share some stories with me.
Darlene X
on 4/11/06 4:02 am - Maricopa, AZ
Both Hubby and I have UHC Choice Plus through Chase. If your company/employer doesn't have an exclusion then it's smooth sailing for you when it comes to insurance approval. They require minimal information, and we both got approved in 7 days. Darlene Me: 338/301/170 EJ: 520/342/200
Courtney G.
on 4/11/06 4:24 am - Scottsdale, AZ
Darlene, thanks for the quick response... do you have a direct email adress. I would love to ask you a bumch of questions. if you don't mind. Courtney
AZGirl
on 4/11/06 3:01 pm - On the coast of somewhere beautiful
Courtney, I don't have UHC, but I just had surgery with Dr. Kieran at Scottsdale Bariatric on 3/30/06. They give all their RNY patients 4 weeks off from work unless there is a really compelling reason that you need to get back sooner. I have a desk job and I asked for two weeks and they said no. In hindsight, I am thankful for this extra time. If I only had 2 weeks, I would have to go back this Thursday. I healed very quickly, but I am thankful for the extra time to get used to my new routine. You know, taking vitamins, scheduling meals, exercising, etc. I have learned that I will have to be much more organized when I do go back to work and I will have to do some planning. Good Luck, Joanne
Most Active