insurance ( AHCCCS-AP/IPA )

azbigmamma
on 4/10/06 2:50 am - mesa, AZ
RNY on 07/26/06 with
Hello everyone, I just got off the phone with my insurance AHCCCS and I found out that open enrollment for me is in July.I am so excited! I will already have my 6 month diet plan in by then and other stuff in place.I was really down about how long I thought this was going to take.I thought that I would not be able to do anything till at least next year at the earliest. But I found out that I can switch earlier than I thought.There is hope yea! Anyone that has AP/IPA through AHCCCS, and is wanting the surgery I suggest they switch to a different plan.They have made it so hard and IMPOSSIBLE for anyone to get approved.I don't care how sick you are. So even if you don't have AHCCCS and are having problems with ins covering surgery look into diff alternatives.Thanks for letting me share.
turkeybird
on 4/10/06 7:13 am - AZ
Wow sorry that you had a problem with them. I had my surgery may of 2005. They paid for it all. I was approved the first letter. I had 10 months of working with my docotor 10 months of exercise and food log. I also had sleep apnea diabetes, gerd, high blood pressure. Everything is going well now and all i have left is my high blood pressure. Glad you found another way though.
Sondra J. S.
on 4/10/06 9:17 am - Show Low, AZ
Hi, I had my surgery on March 20th 2006.... I had no problem with APIPA paying for it, they wanted a lot of information and a 1 year medical history of seeing my PCP for weight loss, which I already had, other than that I had no problems, approved after the first letter and got right in. I hope you have good luck. I had hypertension, sleep apnea, pulmonary disease due to weight in my legs, migraines, and a slew of other things, even heart disease in my family. APIPA is a good ins if you can't afford anything else, which I can't, but I am so sorry they are making it so hard for you to get the surgery, but as I said I was approved with first letter and was whisked into surgery, it only took from Feb 9th when the surgeon's office submitted the request for surgery to March 17th when I was approved!! Sondra, 315/283/150
Most Active