out of pocket costs?

sallyann
on 4/8/06 11:17 am - page, AZ
How much is the surgery at St Lukes with Dr Fang and do they allow a payment program? Just wondering. I have already paid out of pocket alot of copays and deductibles. Thank you.. Sally
Sandy in Tucson
on 4/8/06 12:14 pm - Tucson, AZ
Far as I know if you do not have ins. all costs are paid in advance before surgery. And trust me they are serious on this. One person I know they stopped the surgery at St. Lukes because there was some question on much her deductible was and she did not have all the funds available before surgery. Trust me the Dr.s at St. Lukes want to make sure they get paid before they operate. Sandy in Tucson Dr. Fang 178 lbs down 347/169/150
sallyann
on 4/9/06 1:32 am - page, AZ
WOW...I guess I can wait...geez...44K up front? wow...I guess it shouldnt suprise me. I think I can wait another few months and play their silly games Gives me more time to practice slow chewing and eating. i have already given up sodas and tried to give up sugars...Yikes..I love those sweets! Thank you all for your support in this matter !! Sally
Darlene X
on 4/8/06 12:39 pm - Maricopa, AZ
It really just depends on your insurance. Hubbys surgery 6 months ago was Lap RNY, stay in hospital 2 nights, and totaled around $44,800. With United Healthcare we ended up paying about $1400 out of pocket. My surgery a few weeks ago, same thing, Lap RNY, 2 nights, no other issues was $44,400 or so. We havent recvd the bills yet, but Im imagining around the same. Our out of pocket for the year can go to $3500 I believe.... Im expecting about the same out of pocket-- around $1400
jinn
on 4/9/06 1:37 am - Mesa, AZ
HI Darlene, I was curious if you had to pay the deductable before surgery? I have a $500.00 deductable and want to be prepared and not give any excuses to post-pone the surgery.. I should get my surgery date next week - I called my insurance and they said I have been approved and they are mailing the notice to my doctor as of Friday. I have Dr. Jurez. I am so nervous and so excited at the same time! Thanks!!
sallyann
on 4/9/06 1:47 am - page, AZ
let us know ok? I also dont want to postpone another day! Thank you
Darlene X
on 4/9/06 2:45 am - Maricopa, AZ
You know what, for Hubbys surgery we had NO deductible... we paid nothing up front, just the $1400 a few months later... Our insurance didnt change at all this year, but when I checked in at admissions they made me pay a $500 ded.... I was kinda ticked, but the bills they are sending show the -$500...so Im assuming it will come off the approx $1400 I have to pay.
BOBINA
on 4/9/06 12:08 pm - mesa, AZ
Hey Darlene , You need to call and check with United - our max out of pocket is 1200 - they should be picking up everything after the out of pocket is satisfied . -Your might be a little more due to family plan ??
Darlene X
on 4/9/06 2:11 pm - Maricopa, AZ
Max out of pocket for our UHC plan is $2400 for single, $3500 for family. PS: See you at work tomorrow UGHHHH
Most Active