Hi all. 6 mo pre surg

sallyann
on 4/8/06 10:39 am - page, AZ
I started this journey august of 2005. I have completed all the classes and required tasks from my Aetna Insurance. Now I find out that in Dec 2005 I missed 1 appt with my PCP (due to an emergency that called her away from the office). Apparently I need to start all over with the 6 month pre surgery visits with my PCP. Im shocked that the ins co will deny me for this. has anyone else dealt with this? It seems I may never have this life changing surgery. You have all been my inspiration and I hope you have some answers. Help? any advice would sure be appreciated. Thanks so much.. Sally
Darlene X
on 4/8/06 12:41 pm - Maricopa, AZ
You still have visits in Jan, Feb and March right???? (Or did you stop earlier this year) So really you'll only have to complete 3 more months. But Yup, the insurance companies was 6 consecutive months--- if you miss one, then tough--- they will deny.... sucks huh?
Sondra J. S.
on 4/8/06 2:15 pm - Show Low, AZ
Hi Sally, I had to do a 1 yr pre surgery for my ins co. But my pcp kinda doctored the records for me to make it look like I came in and seen him every month for weight loss, I only missed 2 mo. but he miracously came through with those 2 months, lol, he's a great guy. I really did see him though, but those 2 mths were not mentioning wt loss so he just added it in. GOOD LUCK HUN Sondra, 315/286/150 Still haven't weighed to see if I lost any since coming home from hospital. lol.
sallyann
on 4/9/06 1:35 am - page, AZ
1 year? guess It will be about the same for me by the time im done.. In my mind I was dreaming of boating and playing in Lake Powell without feeling so fat, and having the energy to keep up with my sweetie. Waah waah I know I know...selfish...but...thats me I guess. Thank you... hope all is well with you since your surgery. Take Care, SAlly
Most Active