Constipation :(

Texas Girl
on 4/7/06 10:12 am
Hi everyone i am embarrased to say I am having a hard time with this... Last Sat. eve I got real sick and had to use suppositories and an enama and MOM and finally early sun eve got relief,, had a lot of pain and discomfort for days.. Now I am scared to eat any carbs... and stickong to a soft diet.. any help from any of you?? Thanks.. Connie JOnes
kmastin
on 4/7/06 2:57 pm - Phoenix, AZ
I suffer from the same problem. I now take a stool softener every day, and this helps me stay regular.
Sandy in Tucson
on 4/7/06 3:15 pm - Tucson, AZ
I use Rx Miralax.....It works real well. Sandy in /tucson 177lbs down
Sheryl Tilley
on 4/8/06 4:27 am - Prescott, AZ
Hi Connie! I used to use a half a cup of prune juice cut with half a cup of water. But lately prune juice, the thought of it, makes me sick. So I just PRETEND I'm drinking it and it scares by butt into compliance! hahaha! No kidding. Good luck. SHeryl
K B (Tucson)
on 4/8/06 11:12 am - Tucson, AZ
I was just at the OH convention in Tucson today. The docs there said the reason for constipation is lack of adequate fluids. They also suggested what they call the "brown and white ****tail" - 1 T milk of magnesia and 1 T prune juice to help with your problem. The best solution however, is to increase your intake of water. Good luck.
lemarie22
on 4/10/06 3:17 pm - Glendale, AZ
Connie, I suffer with this all the time. I've got several remedies that work pretty well. Metamucil makes some cinnamon flavored fiber wafers that keep things moving. I take a stool softener every couple of days. Also, blackberries work really, really well for me. Above all, get lots and lots of water. I don't remember how far out you are, but it's important to get fiber from fruits and vegetables if you are allowed to eat them now. So much emphasis is put on protein that we tend to neglect fruits and vegetables. If all else fails, I use a glycerine suppository that you can buy at Walgreen's. Connie
cindy
on 4/10/06 4:38 pm - Mesa, az
I eat alot of sunflower seeds (unshelled) or almonds, walnuts and popcorn, all of these things have kept me regular, and I have never had to use anything like Metamucil or laxatives. I am 2 1/2 years post op, and I have used the above since I was 3 months post op. I have also used flaxseed on my food, but I don't get the enjoyment of eating sunflower seeds that way, and I love my sunflower seeds. Drinking alot of water really helps keep things moving. Cindy Smith Open RNY 8-6-03 -186 lbs BR 8-4-04 TT w/hernia repair 2-7-05 AL 1-12-06
Most Active