Back home from 3 days in hospital!!

Sondra J. S.
on 4/7/06 9:21 am - Show Low, AZ
Hey everyone, Tuesday night I started feeling like Sh*^ so my sis in law took me to the ER, well, I got there around 7:30pm and found out that I was severly dehydrated, and I thought I was doing so good, anyhow, the ER Dr. decided to keep me for observation so I get to a room around 1:30am. I am really hurting by this time and need something for pain, they give me morophine, ohh I felt good after that. It took probably 7 bags of the saline solution and some with potassiom (sp) to get me to go to the bathroom 4 times, I finally got to come home yesterday and still am sore but didn't want to stay in the hospital another day. The Attending physician, who was a geratric dr. who is filling in for my PCP, sent me home liquid antibotics and liquid morophine for the pain, I still feel bad, but am getting better, I know I was sooo pale. Fiance's mom threatned to pour water down me if I looked pale when she gets home today, lol.... On a good note when I was weighed in on Tuesday morning 1:30am I weighed in at 286, OMG is that possible, I need to weigh today just to see how much I'm at now....the charge nurse had had the same surgery as I did and told me to call her anytime I need help or need to talk about the surgery, isn't that so sweet of her.... I've lost almost 40lbs in almost 3 weeks, but in reality when I weighed it was 2 weeks and one day from the surgery, My Dr, surgeon, put me on pureed last friday and today I can advance up to soft moist foods, YAY!! Ok I'm gonna go lay down I'm very exhausted.... and to all, Sondra, 315/286/150 Weighing later to see if I lost more....
Darlene X
on 4/7/06 10:31 am - Maricopa, AZ
WOW Im sorry.... How much liquids are you getting in daily? It was hard for me the first few days, but now Im atleast 50oz+, normally around the 64oz mark... Is there a reason your not drinking? We are date twins, maybe I can help.... Darlene
Sondra J. S.
on 4/7/06 1:24 pm - Show Low, AZ
Darlene, For some reason it is extremely hard to get in liquids, I know the Dr. Said I have a Kidney infection. I know I'm not getting what your getting, it seems like the more I drink the more nauseated I get.. I hurt so bad, but I think it's from the infection. Sondra, 315/286/150
Arizona_Sun
on 4/8/06 1:37 am - Gilbert, AZ
I hope you are feeling better very soon. Don't be too shocked or distressed if you find your weight up after all the IV fluids. You will lose weight soon enough. Now it is important to keep hydrated so that you feel good enough to enjoy the loss. Sandy
Sheryl Tilley
on 4/8/06 5:05 am - Prescott, AZ
Hi Sondra! So happy for your great loss but sorry that you are feeling bad. Try doing your water like this: Instead of trying for a daunting number like 64 ounces -- try to scale it down to 40 oz. by 4 o'clock -- then the other 24 is easy to get in by the time you go to bed. It works really well for me. Hang in there -- it does get easier. Hugs! Sheryl
Darlene X
on 4/9/06 12:07 am - Maricopa, AZ
How you doing with your fluids now???
Most Active