A new dilemma

Randi D.
on 4/5/06 4:19 pm - Peoria, AZ
I had a great interview at Cox this afternoon. The benefits are great, but the pay is pretty crappy. I was set to accept an offer because free cable and internet is free cable and internet. When I got home from the interview, I received a call from AAA, and was offered a position for $14.25 per hour. This is better than Cox, but the benefits would not start until 90 days after my start date. I am also interviewing for local Insurance Agencies, and have a second interview with one in Scottsdale. The money is better and I would also get commision for policies I sell, but the drawback is that it's in Scottsdale. I have an interview in Glendale for an Insurance Agency and it would be similiar to what I would be doing in Scottsdale, so I am keeping the appointment for both interviews. I have decided that AAA is my back up in case I don't get the positions with the smaller agencies. It is so funny because last week I was in the opposite predicament with just initial interviews and no job offers, and now I have strong leads and an offer. I would also make bonus' at AAA for quality and call handling guidelines. I have been in this type of situation before and made bonus' consistently for maintaining high call quality and low handle times, but to me this is not challenging. This has been an interesting week, and now I am almost under 200 lbs. I also ran into someone who I used to work with at Uhaul and he didn't recognize me because of the weightloss. It was a good feeling. Randi, 360/201/160
ems1211
on 4/5/06 5:41 pm - Phoenix, AZ
Randi; what type of job would you be doing at AAA? Just curious. Susan
Randi D.
on 4/6/06 2:54 am - Peoria, AZ
Susan, I would be servicing automobile and property policies as well as taking payments. At my previous job I sold auto and property policies, so this would be less responsibility. I am not sure if I would be happy with that, but the money is good. Randi
azbigmamma
on 4/6/06 11:03 am - mesa, AZ
RNY on 07/26/06 with
Hi Randi, congratulations! Looks like things are going very well for you right now. Glad everything is going great. Tanya
Randi D.
on 4/6/06 2:24 pm - Peoria, AZ
Tanya, Thank you! I had a great interview with another Insurance company in Glendale. I will keep you informed. When it rains, it pours. Randi 360/200/160
Most Active