"Results Not Typical" - Makes ya wonder!

EmbodySuccess
on 4/5/06 2:56 am - Roswell, GA
How many of us would buy medication if the promised relief turned out to be not typical? Yet read the VERY small print on all the over-the-counter diet aides, shakes, programs such as Jenny Craig, nutrisystem, etc. and whether in print ads or TV commercials you will see that DISCLAIMER. Yup, those bikini-clad women laughing in the surf may have lost 80-120 lbs using the advertised product or service, but THEIR results are NOT typical of what most consumers will experience. At the rate Gastric Bypass patients 2+ years out are starting to REGAIN their weight and get SURGICAL RECISIONS it'll probably happen in the next 5 years that bariatric surgery may risk having to post the same disclaimer! How to keep from gaining back the weight 1+ years post-op? Come to my Sat. morning talk at the TUCSON OHI CONF. & actually learn the "Key to Overcoming Self-Sabotage!" I'm also booking free :20 consults that day so Email me if you want to reserve a spot! Hope to see YOU soon! Lauralyn
Stephanie J.
on 4/7/06 3:43 pm - Tucson, AZ
You're right about the lack of success with other diets, but wrong about the WLS surgery outcomes. Statistically, the best of the other weight loss plans is Weigh****chers, with a 14% long term success rate. RNY has a 75% long term success rate. That's a pretty darn good success rate compared to all the rest. And the great thing is that it succeeds regardless of how much hocus pocus mind game stuff people out there might be trying to sell ya! Instant behavior modification. Good stuff. - Stephanie J
EmbodySuccess
on 4/13/06 6:10 am - Roswell, GA
Hi Stephanie, Thanks for taking the time to respond to my post. I think this could be a situation where we're quoting different studies, so we're both reporting accurately. The study I'm referring to can be found at www.nih.gov under "obesity" and was released to the press in early October, 2002. Anyone can access their files. In fact, NIH is a treasure trove of FREE info on weightloss, exercise, depression, insomnia, etc. Thanks for caring enough to speak out! Lauralyn
Most Active