Barix Clinic

BOBINA
on 4/7/06 2:01 pm - mesa, AZ
cALL UNITED DIRECTLY AND ASK WHO THEY COVER ON YOUR PLAN. IT ALL DEPENDS ON THE TYPE OF PLAN YOU HAVE . I WENT TO BARIX AND THOUGHT THE DOCTOR WAS THE BOMB - HE WAS GREAT - I JUST HAD OTHER CONCERNS ..
STACEYG
on 4/7/06 3:32 pm - Phoenix, AZ
Sarah, I too got the runaround by different clinics. I went to Dr. Neuhoff and had friends have surgery at the Barix clinic. I am also a nurse. Dr. Robin Blackstone=Scottsdale Bariatric was the best. I had an open Roux En Y in 1985 and she was able to do a revision laparoscopically in 3 hours..I feel great my fourth day post op. The office, support staff are defintely top notch..I even got a manicure and facial in the hosptial post op. No problems getting United to approve. Be sure you check this office out...I found them to be awesome. I have friend who paid 25,000 dollars at barix and she had no previous surgery, but they insisted on doing her open not lap..she was sick for 6 weeks...the facility is also not a "hospital"...whatever you do stick with a doctor that operates in a real hospital with real support if you need it. good luck Stacey
Sarah C.
on 4/7/06 3:56 pm - Mesa, AZ
Stacey, I have heard alot lately about revisions, what are they and why would you need to get one? Also is it something that ins. covers, or is it out of pocket cost? I have made an appt. with Dr. Fang, I believe he works out of St. Lukes. I don't know to much about that hospital, but atleast it is a hospital right?! Thanks for the post and all the info that you shared with me. Sarah
Most Active