Update on EJ...

Darlene X
on 4/3/06 1:23 pm - Maricopa, AZ
Thank you so much for all the prayers and well wishes! I went to the surgeons appt with EJ. They admitted the poor dehydrated soul right away. They agreed the Kidney stones on Saturday were most likely from him not getting the fluids he needs. He is now sitting in bed at the hospital happily eating ice chips and getting IV fluids. Tomorrow they are going to do an endoscopy to see if he has a stricture (Which is what Im thinking, and have been from 2 months out), and will dialate it if needed. THEN.... Wednesday he is going into surgery to have his gallbladder removed. He showed signs of stones when he had his weight loss surgery, and my surgeon removes the gall bladder if there are stones, however hubbys 500lb+ weight stopped them from taking it out. So he will be in hospital a few days, we will have medical bills up the wazoo which we have to figure out... BUT Im just so relieved he is getting some care now, and hopefully everything will be resolved. Keep those prayers coming.... Darlene
Sondra J. S.
on 4/3/06 2:59 pm - Show Low, AZ
Hi Darlene, I hope that with the ice chips and IV fluids he'll feel a lot better....Bummer on the surgery, but if he needs it then do it!! Trust the surgeon he's gotten all of us this far.... On another hand....How are you doing? Sondra, 2 weeks out and down 30lbs. YAY!!
DCampbell2k
on 4/3/06 3:40 pm - El Mirage, AZ
Darlene, Give EJ my best wishes for a speedy recovery. I hope you're doing very well too! Duane
(deactivated member)
on 4/3/06 11:42 pm - Phoenix, AZ
Darlene - sorry to hear EJ is having some problems right now. I havent been on the boards recently so I was surprised to read your message! I will pray for you both - take care of yourself while you are tending to EJ - you need to keep your strength up also! Let me know if I can do anything for you guys.
Brandy H
on 4/4/06 1:26 am - Glendale, AZ
darlene, i am keeping both you and ej in my thoughts. he is in good hands at st. lukes. i am glad he is there. keep us posted. and keep your spirits up! brandy
Most Active