Very upset!!!!

Mollyfrise
on 4/3/06 4:12 am - Flagstaff, AZ
I started a second appeal 4 weeks ago today and sent supporting paperwork on my own and have been waiting for Dr. Berger's office to send a letter supporting my case and as of last Friday my file was still on his desk. Well, insurance denied my appeal last Friday so that is not going to help at this point. I've seen people post how Dr. Berger's office calls insurance 3 times a day to get an approval, but obviously not in my case. Sorry for the venting, but I'm a little ticked off!!!!
K B (Tucson)
on 4/3/06 9:01 am - Tucson, AZ
Sorry for your situation. Is their anything else you can do to get the insurance co. to change their mind? MOre documentation from doctors, etc? Perhaps the OH people can advocate for you in some way. Good luck and don't give up. Wls is so worth it.
Sondra J. S.
on 4/3/06 11:42 am - Show Low, AZ
HI, Phil in Dr. Berger's office did call 3x a day to find out what was holding my ins up. Finally the Friday before surgery I received my approval, I was supposed to have the surgery Feb 23rd but Nancy Dr.Bergers nurse called me and told me that my ins was still pending I was so upset and started crying on the phone, but I was rescheduled for a little over a month later and everything worked out. Dr. Berger and Aldrige are very skilled surgeons they did an awesome job on my incisions, I compared them with my sis in laws' who had the lap band in Tijuana and mine are sooo much smaller....Everything will work out for you, Phil is great and he is great to work with. I adored Dr. Berger because he's so knowledgeable (sp) and caring. In the hospital he came by between surgeries to check on me, You have great surgeons. If you need to talk to someone who's been to the same dr. let me know, e-mail me anytime and we can talk. Sondra, 2 weeks out and down 30lbs. YAY!!
Terri M.
on 4/3/06 1:30 pm - Pinedale, AZ
I'm a Berger Bandster!! LOL I had my surgery with Dr. Berger in Nov.2004 (his very first Lap-Band in Az) and am VERY happy! My approval went through very fast. EVERYONE in his office was very helpful and caring. Even after 1 1/2 years Nancy still calls me from time to time to see how everything is going. Have you called Nancy and talked to her about the hold up? I don't blame you for being ticked off but just hang in there and everything should work out. If you need to talk to someone just e-mail me anytime!! I'm not home much and I don't have a cell phone, but I do check my e-mail often!! Hang in there and don't give up!! Keep calling THEM! Terri
Most Active