Need to know your view of this

Randi D.
on 4/2/06 1:31 pm - Peoria, AZ
I am having a problem with my interim(sp?) Health Insurance. I couldn't afford Cobra, so I signed up with a temporary health plan. I had some lab work done because I was feeling light headed, and recently I received a notice saying that the insurance company is denying the claim for the labwork. They are saying that the "wellness" diagnoses is not a covered benefit. I contacted the doctor and they are resubmitting the claim as "screening." I think the health insurer is now trying to deny all of my claims because they are now asking for further information as far as previous doctors and previous medications are concerned. They have also asked for my authorization to get information from these previous doctors. They also wanted to know what previous conditions I had. I put down that I was treated for morbid obesity and was diabetic and hypertensive. I also provided them with the information of previous prescriptions, but I also advised that I am no longer diabetic and hypertensive. What I am wondering is this: Is this normal procedure for an insurance company? And is this a way that they are going to now deny all of my previous claims. I can understand if they won't renew my plan which I really don't care about because I am going to get insurance with my new job when it starts. I should be hearing back from the recruiter soon. They had me sit with someone and said they were going to run a background check, so barring that I think I have the job. I don't think a company would actually pay the money for a background check if they weren't going to make an offer of employment, but I could be wrong. As you can see, I am very anxious. If anyone as any advice, I would appreciate hearing it. Randi 360/203/160
azbigmamma
on 4/2/06 2:33 pm - mesa, AZ
RNY on 07/26/06 with
Hi Randi, I think that when it comes to insurance companies they pretty much do what they want to.I think they make up the rules as they go along so it goes in there favor. But I think you need to get a copy of your ins policy and what exclusions they have and limitations and the requirements for pre existing conditon policy. That might help you more.I was looking at ins policies on the net to purchase out of pocket and they dont even pay for meds or hardly anything, yet you pay a whole bunch of money to them.Good luck to you! Hope everything works out for you. Tanya
Randi D.
on 4/2/06 3:02 pm - Peoria, AZ
Yeah, the plans on the net are very overpriced for what they choose to cover. I applied for a job at Liberty Mutual, and the interview went very well, they had me do a sit along with someone on the job, and then I was told they would call me in a couple of days after they get the results of the background check. I am clean as far as the background check goes except for a bankruptcy 3 years ago, so I am a bit concerned because I had the interview on last Tuesday. Can you tell I am anxious? Oh well, I have a part-time dog grooming business that I am just starting up. I may have to do it full-time if I can't get something soon. Randi
Randi D.
on 4/3/06 10:10 am - Peoria, AZ
Tanya, I just found out that I didn't get the job with Liberty Mutual. They said they chose to go with other candidates whose background were a closer match to the position. Now I am waiting to hear back from AAA. I am sure it will be the same story. I am so desperate right now. I really don't know what to do. Randi
K B (Tucson)
on 4/3/06 2:52 am - Tucson, AZ
Randi, as a self-employed person, even parttime, you can apply for halth insureance for business owners throught the state. The program is called Healthcare Group of AZ. Look on their website for info. I have this insurance my self. They have an HMO and a PPO model. the HMO model is more cost effective. This is a real help for those of us who cannot be insured by other private insurances due yo a precondition or obesity. Good luck.
Most Active