OMG Im in HEAVEN!!!!

Darlene X
on 3/28/06 9:55 am - Maricopa, AZ
Ok so all the soups Ive tried, canned stuff from the grocery store is nasty. Ive even tried all those fancy ones in the organic section and the campbells select ones that come in a carton. Im having aversion to sweet, and because the soups are all bad Ive pretty much just been drinking the last few days. Today I actually got out, Hubby took me to a movie--- I was sore, but ok... on the way home out of the blue I said, take me to safeway I want to buy some of their Safeway Select Soups--- you know those expensive "homemade" ones... they had a ton of variety, about 4-5 that would work good at the stage Im in. I came home with 3...Baked Potato, Split pea & Clam Chowder. Tonight I tried the Baked Potato...and OMG I am in heaven right now, finally a soup with genuine good flavor! The potato is all creamy, no chunks, the only no no is it had tiny bits of bacon which I spit out. I swear this is the best thing I have tasted ever when it comes to soup LOL. ANyone else tried them??? I told EJ Im gonna eat it for breakfast lunch and dinner now hahaha--- I hope the others are as good. Darlene 338/312/170
lemarie22
on 3/28/06 11:44 am - Glendale, AZ
Darlene, I love the Safeway Select soups. The Baked Potato is my favorite. The clam Chowder is also good, but make sure you chew, chew, chew those clams. I also like the Chicken Tortilla and Chicken Chili. The only one I'm not that wild about is the Chicken and Wild Rice, it has that tin can taste to it. Connie
Darlene X
on 3/28/06 12:03 pm - Maricopa, AZ
Most of the other soups will have to wait... Don't worry about the clam chowder, Im not supposed to be eating any of the meaty peices, Im just in it for the creamy part The clams will be picked out hehe Their soups sure are delicious! I cant wait till I can have chilli, or tomato based soups!
FakeBake
on 3/28/06 1:01 pm - AZ
Darlene, Glad you found something that you can handle, But can't you puree the stuff that has chunks in it? I know I did, but I guess every doc is different in what they want you to be doing! Im so happy for you! Best of luck to you, Hugs Tara
Darlene X
on 3/28/06 1:03 pm - Maricopa, AZ
I don't think so Tara... I mean technically wouldnt that be putting me into the "Pureed" stage? LOL. I don't get that until next week...
Celeste R
on 3/28/06 2:16 pm - Maricopa, AZ
Glad you found something thats working for you. I so could not do the liquid diet thing. I didn't even think of those soups. I know once I was able to tolorate pureed foods I attacked refried beans and potato cheese soup. Well let me know if you need any help or just someone to talk to that has been there done that, let me know. Well have to get together and maybe carpool to support group in Chandler. I really need to attend a group. I was really involved when I lived in California. I met up with a lot of OH members all the time. I hope to get to know other people out here that have had WLS. Well take care Darlene. Celeste Lap Rny 5/19/05 270/152/135
Darlene X
on 3/29/06 9:49 pm - Maricopa, AZ
Hey Celeste!!! I can't believe we live so close but haven't met yet!!! LOL The Chandler Support group is fun!!!! We couldn't carpool though cause Hubby and I go there straight from work... You gotta come though, they go out to dinner after and its just a blast. ARe you gonna come to the Spring Fling??? Darlene
Marilyn C.
on 3/29/06 8:42 am - Bullhead City, AZ
HI Darlene & Welcome to the other side. I no you won't regret in on little bit later down the road. I no that every Doc is different, but ours had us on pureed foods for 6 weeks, So I am sure you can puree any of those soups at this point. You do not have to throw out those little bits of bacon. Connie & I are both 2 years out & remember those early days very well. Hang in There!! How is E.J doing by the Way. ( I have been in hiding for awhile from this board) BUt I pormise will check in more often. Marilyn, the Bearlady
Darlene X
on 3/29/06 9:47 pm - Maricopa, AZ
Hey Marilyn I can't move to pureeds until I get the Ok from Dr Fang at my follow up appt next Tuesday. For now Im supposed to be on full liquids. EJ is good, but having a lot of stomach acid issues, and he cant eat much--- he has an appt on the 10th to meet with Dr Fang--- Im worried he may have a stricture. He is 6 months out, and eats about the same amount of food as someone 1 month out ( Like 2 small shrimp and he's done), he can barely eat so thats causing energy issues. He is down -167lbs since last time we weighed.... otherwise he is good. Darlene
Stephanie J.
on 3/29/06 3:02 pm - Tucson, AZ
I don't mean to be a pain in the butt, bu****ch out for portion control as you go on with the Safeway soups, as what makes them so goooood is that they're highly caloric. It doesn't matter at all right now, when all you can eat is probably a few tablespoons, but later on, you'll want to stay away from them. Be sure and start reading the labels on everything you put in. You'll be surprised at what strange things have tons of calories and others that are almost calorie free. It's the perfect time to start modifying your tastes for those foods that are more acceptable in the long term. Sounds like you're doing great though, and I'm glad to hear it. I don't remember being "in heaven" over anything for my first couple of months out, so you got a leg up there! Enjoy the ride! - Stephanie J
Most Active