which surgeon ????

BIG F.
on 3/27/06 11:08 am - chandler, AZ
Ok here goes, I have a ppo with united health I can basically pick my surgeon I live in Chandler AZ no matter who I go to I will have the same deductable. Who is the best??????? and Why????
Sandy in Tucson
on 3/27/06 11:12 am - Tucson, AZ
ARE YOU SURE??? I WAS TOLD WHERE TO GO WITH UNITED HEALTH Care 16 MONTHS AGO. St. Lukes...Dr. Juarez or Dr. Fang were my only options. Maybe things have changed. Sandy in Tucson
BIG F.
on 3/27/06 11:17 am - chandler, AZ
Did You have HMO or PPO
vquigley
on 3/27/06 11:12 am - Phoenix, AZ
As a pre-op, I will be interested in replies to your post. Good luck in your search! Virginia
Darlene X
on 3/27/06 10:04 pm - Maricopa, AZ
There are some FABULOUS!!!! SUrgeons for you to pick from in the Valley hehe.. Of course I always will reccomend "The Bridges Center", Dr Juarez & Dr Fang (I Prefer Dr Fang over Juarez), they are BOTH excellent and very talented surgeons. My Mother in law, sister in law, husband and myself have had surgery through them. I have heard amazing things about Dr Blackstone with Scottsdale Bariatrics though I have never delt with her myself, Ive heard she is very good though! If you have pick, then I'd make a few appointments, pick some surgeons and go see them all, find out what kind of plans they have afterwards, ask all the questions you have... an interview for you of sorts! Good luck, United Healthcare is awesome for this Darlene
JRinAZ
on 3/28/06 12:39 am - Layton, UT
Wow! Congrats on a great lifechanging decision! Best surgeon? The one that YOU feel most comfortable with after doing your homework and attending their seminars. Seminars are the consumers way to shop. You can find out about their mannerism and their philosophy of pre and post-op care. I would be concerned as much about their comprehensive support/educational program as I would about the surgeon's skill. Asking someone who has had WLS who they would say is the best surgeon is like asking someone on Mother's Day which mother is the best one in the world?!!!! Good luck! BTW....Come to our Chandler support group tonight at Chandler REgional hospital. You'll be able to meet all kinds of folks with a variety of surgeons and get some of your questions answered. 6-7:30 conference rooms 1 and 2 on the East side lower level. Joyce
jenniebr
on 3/30/06 8:08 am - queen creek, AZ
What type of WLS are you looking to have? You can go to the Arizona Medical Board website and do research on any MD you are considering. http://www.azmd.gov/profile/getlicense.aspx Just type in the name and you can see the stats on any MD in the state. You can also read reviews for some md on the OH site. If you are looking to have surgery at a certain hospital then your choices may be limited. I personally liked my dr since they have diet and exercise included. I can utilize them whenever I need. When I went for my initial visit i saw everyone and did a practice diet for 8 weeks. Your surgery is scheduled about 10 weeks after your initial visit. This allows you to get all your testing done and practice eating for your post-op life. I did go to another surgeon for a 2nd opinion, but decided I did not want to use that Dr. I felt I needed all the support that I could get. and I don't pay extra for it. Good Luck, If you need any thing please email me. Jen 224/161/130
SweetCivi
on 3/30/06 1:57 pm - Yuma, AZ
I had my surgery with Dr. Blackstone at Scottsdale Bariatric Center. I have delt with all of the surgeon's and the nurse practioner. They have been great. I strongly recommend them. They do their procedures at Scottsdale Healthcare Shea Campus. The hospital was great. I don't have a single complaint. They have also been named a Center of Excellence. Good luck! Kristin
BIG F.
on 3/31/06 8:58 am - chandler, AZ
thanks for the reply, I heard she is really good.
Stephanie J.
on 4/1/06 3:30 pm - Tucson, AZ
Juarez is known for being a good technician. Not the best with bedside manner, but he has a nice assistant to do that for him. I was a little pissed that my insurance company made me go to him all the way from Tucson, but found out later that (at the time, at least), he had very low casualty rates, which gave me a lot of confidence. - Stephanie J
Most Active