Profile Update

Darlene X
on 3/27/06 8:22 am - Maricopa, AZ
I finally had some energy to update my profile with surgery details. So if anyone is interested they are there. I know before surgery I was always looking for everyones experiences, because I was so nervous about mine, so I tried to put a decent amount of detail on the whole experience. Love D 338/315/170
JRinAZ
on 3/27/06 9:07 am - Layton, UT
Hey Cutie! Read your updated profile.... I was just like you and everything seemed tooooooo sweet! I made my DH run out once a day and buy me Chicken Egg Drop soup from the local restaurant. Yummy stuff and the eggs gave a little protein but didn't break the "liquid phase" rules. I also had him get me the chicken tortilla soup from Boston Market. It comes with big chunks of moist chicken. I whirled that through the blender and had some FLAVOR!!!! (and protein in it).....I liked a side of Refried Beans from Taco Bell too. I would water them down and add a shot of their Fire Sauce. It was more like a bean soup when it was going in. ....Obviously, I did not like the Cream of whatever's in my cupboard! LOL! And, if you add one scoop of Any Whey flavorless protein to any of the soups then you get 17 grams of protein that you can't even taste! It's great! It's kind of like adding creamer to a coffee...a little color and maybe a tinge of cream flavor but really is tasteless. It sounds like you are right on target with recovery! Way to go! ...How are those I.V. sites? Still bruised? I swear my I.V. sites (in my hand) hurt worse than my big old open incision! Loved your update......The pre-ops will be pannicked over the leak test! ...that was awful for me too! ....I made them wheel me into the empty room next door that had a sink to rinse my mouth and spit! Take care of yourself and walk, walk, walk! Hugs, Joyce
Tiffany McGee
on 3/27/06 10:44 am - Glendale, AZ
Thankyou so very very much for posting your update on the profile. It is always a HUGE help to us pre-ops to have something to base our soon to be experiences off of. I do hope you are feeling better soon. Take Care! *HUGS* Tiff
vquigley
on 3/27/06 11:10 am - Phoenix, AZ
Hi, Darlene, I'm so glad you're doing well in spite of all the trauma in the hospital. I'm with Tiff, us pre-ops want to know what is ahead of us. Happy losing! Virginia
Darlene X
on 3/27/06 10:00 pm - Maricopa, AZ
I just wanna let you know, according to most people the upper GI isnt as bad as it was for me LOL My Hubby doesnt remember his been bad at all... I think It was a combination of no pain meds, an exhausted sore body, disgusting liquid, and them taking a LONg time LOL Im over it now though D
Celeste R
on 3/28/06 5:22 am - Maricopa, AZ
Hey Darlene!!! How are you feeling??? Do you need anything?? I live very close to you. Please let me know. Take care. Celeste
Most Active