compression garments

Do-over Girl
on 3/26/06 8:17 am - Tempe, AZ
No, I'm not ready to have plastic surgery yet since I'm about a 100 pounds from goal. But I have heard that compression garments--such as tight bike shorts, longer line support panties, girdles (?!), spankex (spelling?) and other undergarments can be helpful as I continue losing weight and coping with excess skin. Any thoughts or feedback on that? I know that after plastics it is common to have to wear them during the healing phase but curious if anyone has tried/worn them post op as well. I'm a gal that doesn't wear pantyhose but I do have a significant amount of jiggle and extra skin in my tummy, and from my knees on up my thighs to panny area.
Sandy in Tucson
on 3/26/06 9:05 am - Tucson, AZ
At the Oh conference April 8 one of the compressor garmets vendors will be there to size people and show of the garmets. The Oh conference is so important to all....a lot of vendors and alot of good speakers for pre-ops and post-ops. I can not wait to go!!!! I am 22 lbs from goal....175 lbs down and I am not interested in compression garmets....to hot in Az to wear them in my opinion. I just jiggle...oh well Sandy in Tucson
K B (Tucson)
on 3/26/06 10:32 am - Tucson, AZ
OK, confession here. I have sbeen wearing milg girdle type undies for years as a stregy of keeping the jiggles in. They are not too hot to wear in AZ (I also live in Tucson) and do make adifference. I don't wear the most compressing garments, but I think they could be helpful. Nothing to lose by trying them.
JRinAZ
on 3/26/06 10:50 am - Layton, UT
Hey Jmf, I have a girlfriend in my Chandler support group that has lost 150+ and has been wearing one from the start. She was similar to my starting weight and shape and our end results are big time different. She has an hour glass shape and swears it's cuz she wore those compression garments. She could be their poster gal! LOL! .....She'll still need plastics to get the loose skin off but her shapei s amazing already. ....I'm crossing my fingers that plastic will give me that similar look! Go for it! I know she got hooked up at the O.H. event in Phoenix so I know the folks at the Tucson O.H. deal will be the same company. They're not cheap though so get ready for the sticker shock. Hugggzzz, Joyce P.S. I love the jelllo pudding commercial with the wiggly jiggly dancing cows.....that would be me!
Most Active