I'm home and a loser!!

Sondra J. S.
on 3/22/06 12:44 pm - Show Low, AZ
Hi everyone, Well, as you all know I had a late surgery, I went into pre-op prep at noon and was there for around 30 min or so, both the dr's came in and talked to me Dr. Taylor, the sleepy lady came and talked to me, then I remember going into OR and All I remember is getting on the Operating table and laying my arms out to the side and next thing I remember is waking up. I didn't get into a room until almost 7:45pm, my fiance and his sis were really worried. I was discharged today around 3 or so, and got home around 6, thankfully fiance drove slow, except over the train tracks in Holbrook, grrr I started crying it hurt so much, then I get home and the dad blame cat runs across my tummy, so I'm going to bed and resting, I'll update more, I keep having to correct mistakes as it is.... Thank You all, and Sondra, He hee, I'm a LOSER BABY
mrs.3m
on 3/22/06 11:39 pm - Mesa, AZ
Congrats Welcome to the losing side!! Just remember the first first few weeks really suck while trying to adjust to adjust to the eating, but it gets better.
FakeBake
on 3/23/06 12:21 am - AZ
Sondra, Welcome home, and Congrats to you!! It is not a fun process for sure! but as time goes on it gets alot easier! Just remember to get in your liquids! Best of luck to you.. Hugs Tara
tamikosue
on 3/23/06 12:55 am - Lakeside, AZ
Hey Sondra, Welcome to the losing side. Glad your surgery went well. If you are interested in joining a support group in Show Low, please don't hesitate to contact me. Best Wishes...Tiffany DeWitt
Arizona_Sun
on 3/23/06 1:05 am - Gilbert, AZ
Ouch - the cat!! I feel for you on that one. I remember being very vocal with my dogs and warned them off. They did pretty good about not damaging me. Do you have a small pillow that you can keep over your tummy to help protect it? I used to walk around holding mine against me during those early days too. I think the ride home was the most difficult part. I was an open RNY so did not get back to my bed for several weeks. Thank goodness for a recliner. Take care, drinks lots and rest lots. Soon you will be feeling much better. Congratulations on becoming a loser. Sandy
Tiffany McGee
on 3/23/06 3:09 am - Glendale, AZ
I'm glad to see you are doing good! Take Care of yourself! *hugs* Tiff
Darlene X
on 3/23/06 3:11 am - Maricopa, AZ
Hey Sondra!!! I have 4 dogs--- all but 1 aren't allowed near me lol I tried calling you like 5-6 times on Wed morning, but the phone number you gave me didnt work. Can you send me your number again???? Darlene Still feeling like crap--- but slightly better....
Sondra J. S.
on 3/23/06 6:22 am - Show Low, AZ
Hi Darlene, I, well, the house has 5 dogs and 3 cats, he just came out of nowhere, now let's talk about some pain.....I coughed for the first time in the hospital and that hurt sooo bad....I keep a bottle of water with me at all times, cuz I don't want to get dehydrated. The reason my cell didn't work was cuz the battery died on the way to Flag, while I was talking to my professor, lol..... Sondra
VeeKay
on 3/23/06 8:10 am - Prescott Valley, AZ
Congratulations Sondra, your a loser!!! I can totally relate about the cats,,I have 4 and they all love to sit on me. I better be aware of that post op Glad to hear things went well. Only 10 more days till I join you,,,save me a seat on that loosers bench Vee
vquigley
on 3/23/06 12:14 pm - Phoenix, AZ
Hi, Sondra, I'm glad to hear that your surgery went well and that you are on the losing side now. I'm still pre-op and looking forward to the day when I can be on that losing side. Take care of yourself. Virginia
Most Active