Dr. Villares and Tricare - anyone else a recent patient?

Karen37
on 3/21/06 11:33 am - Anchorage, AK
Hi, everyone! I was originally referred by Tricare to Dr. Zahn, but I found that he was retired and asked to be transferred to Dr. Villares. Someone on this site (I am sorry, but the message got deleted I don't remember her name) told me that Tricare no longer accepts Dr. Villares or surgery at Good Samaritan in Phoenix because it is not a center of excellence. I just went to my first seminar at Banner - Good Samaritan, and they didn't say anything to me there -they just took my insurance card copy. I haven't heard back from Banner or Dr. Villares' office yet. Does anyone here have any info on this? If it is true, I need to get cracking on finding another doctor and hospital. Thanks for your time! Karen
VeeKay
on 3/21/06 11:54 am - Prescott Valley, AZ
I don't know about Tricare, but I am on Medicare (same center of excellence criteria) and Dr Villares is my surgeon. I do know that Good Sam IS a Center of Excellence, (you can check the approved facilities on the centers for medicare website), I am having my surgery there next Monday. My last post, (the thread had "medicare centers of excellence" in the title )someone replied to me that was on Tricare. She was told that Villares does accept Tricare. Thats about what I know on the subject,,hope it helps. Vee Hope this wasn't too confusing...LOL
VeeKay
on 3/21/06 11:59 am - Prescott Valley, AZ
This is a copy of the reply that was posted to my thread hope it helps. Vee Virginia, My sister also had Tricare insurance (Air Force) and the only two doctors that she found that tricare would work with for this surgery is either Dr Zahn or Dr. Villarez. They are both out of Good Sam. Melissa
Sandy in Tucson
on 3/21/06 12:05 pm - Tucson, AZ
My friend has tricare...she had surgery yestrday with Dr. Villares. Sandy in Tucson
DIANAH
on 3/23/06 8:45 am - East valley, AZ
Karen: I had my surgery thru Tricare (Prime) on 12/1 with Dr. Villarez, and my husband just got a referral to go see him, so he's very much a provider under our insurance so you should have no problem. As far as hearing back from the Dr. office I will not count on them calling back, they're horrible calling people back, you make sure you bug "Nicole" at the Dr's office to make sure you get to see him soon. good luck Diana
Most Active