Need some help to decide...

JRinAZ
on 3/23/06 12:12 am - Layton, UT
Thanks for the response and info Connie. I too went to Wiener and Mazahari. In fact, if any readers are interested in Mazahari, they can attend Dr. Simpson's support group tonight to hear him. He's the guest speaker. His slide show is amazing. ....Dr. M was at the top of my list as well but I'm still not quite convinced. He wouldn't do some of what I wanted to have happen and so Dr. Cory in Scottsdale or Dr. Maxwell in Tuscon are probably my pics....BUT...I've been told that Dr. Sean T. Lille will do the anchor and does it very very well. So, I'm going to get ONE more consult to make it a total of 7!!! (hey, it's my body and I need to shop around, right? LOL!) Anyway, I watched a video on Dr. Lillie and am impressed so far. He did a body lift on a school teacher in the area that had been televised. Very interesting. He also did some of the work on that Extreme makeovers t.v. show. I suspect a big price but I'll check it out. I haven't ruled out a trip to Costa Rica either! ...Anyway, if anyone wants info on Dr. Lillie, his info is: scottsdaleplasticsurgeon.com 480-661-6197 Good luck Connie and let us know how it all goes! You are just days away from your tweaking! I"ll bet you are soooo excited! I've had several friends that have had Dr. M and absolutely loved his work. In fact, one of the gals has gone back for 2 additional surgeries from him! Hugs, Joyce
mrs.3m
on 3/23/06 12:04 am - Mesa, AZ
Deb, I am also one who would do this again in a heartbeat. I did have some complications afterwards, I got a stricture that went undetected for 2 weeks, then went through another 3 weeks trying to get it opened enough for me to eat. By the time we finally got it fixed, I was so dehydrated that I wound up back in the hospital for 3 days on a TPN bag (liquid vitamins) to fix me. After all that, I would still do this again without blinking. Yes, hair loss happens and it sucks, but it grows back. I had regrowth before it stopped falling out. Yes, I have excess skin that needs to be removed and I hate looking at it but I would rather have the excess skin than the full of fat, streched skin I had before. I have given up food that I loved before. But oddly enough I don't really miss it. I like eating smaller portions. The serving sizes that restaurants feeds us are rediculous. No one should be eating that much. I was lucky in that I didn't have any co-morbitites before surgery but that doesn't mean I wasn't going to eventually without help. But physically and emotionally, I DO feel better. I really like to excerise now, my body starts to crave it. I feel sexier with my husband. He doesn't mind the skin really. He always tells me "I loved you when you were heavy, why would that change now that you have lost weight" Yes, there are alot of things to consiter with this surgery and your life will change by it, but alot of those changes are for the better. Like Joyce said, go to a support meeting, either the Chandler or the Mesa meeting. They are so helpful. You can any info you want from the people there.
Most Active