WLS Phoenix Group meeting cancelled for this Saturday.

Tiffany McGee
on 3/17/06 12:13 pm - Glendale, AZ
I called several places these last couple of weeks and all places were closed on Saturdays. With that said any suggestions as to where we can hold the meeting on the alternating Saturdays is greatly appreciated. My sincerest apologies, I would have called Banner Estrella earlier in the week as a fall back plan. Thank you Tiff
Kabaa
on 3/18/06 1:32 am - Tempe, AZ
Hi Tiff We used to meet at the Cholla Library which is on the Metrocenter perimeter. Is that no longer possible? I am having a major problem with a 2 month long plateau. I have been doing the plateau buster diet for 2 days and have gone up 1-2 lbs. Very discouraging. If anybody reads this post and would call me on land line at 602-438-0913 to talk about it I would appreciate it. Email or a post would also be fine but I feel like I need to have a real time conversation. I hope somebody can put together another support group that meets on Saturday somewhere in the Phoenix area. Thanks Fran aka [email protected]
JRinAZ
on 3/18/06 2:43 am - Layton, UT
Fran, I'm not sure what you are doing as your plateau buster but it should include: upping water, upping protein, upping exercise, decreasing carbs, decreasing calories, decreasing salt, decreasing nuts, cottage cheese and cheeses. Many go on the 3 day protein feast/ or fast. It is at least 4 thirty gram protein drinks a day with mini meals of lean protein in between all of the pure water. No caffeine, soda, etc. just pure water! And...our bodies may go into a bit of a starvation mode and "hold on" for a while. Don't give up though because about the 3rd to 5th day, you should see a drop. While I was still in the 18 month honeymoon period; I would go 3 weeks without losing, then drop as much as 10 pounds in a day! ....now I am tickled to see a 2 pound drop after I've been protein feasting for 3 days! Keep at it sweetie pie! You CAN do it.......lots of water is key! Joyce P.S. Are you coming to the Spring Fling?
Tiffany McGee
on 3/18/06 9:59 am - Glendale, AZ
Hey Fran The meeting place at the Cholla Library was booked the last couple of times I've called. It seems there may be a "thing" there on Saturdays. I'll call around to the Glendale Librarys and see if I can come up with something. As for the plateau buster, I can only wish you luck as I have not had surgery yet and would not know exactly how to break it. Good Luck! Take Care Tiff
Kabaa
on 3/19/06 12:22 am - Tempe, AZ
Thanks gals for your responses. I hope somebody gets a meeting going for Saturdays regardless of location in the Valley. As to plateau buster, I am following the online plan: water just under 1 gal; protein 100 gms; 5-3 oz meals of tuna and/or eggs or cottage cheese. It is now day 4. After 2 days of not moving, the scales went up 2 pounds yesterday but is down 2 lbs today which is where I began. I will continue on and hope it goes down again tomorrow. Fran
Randi D.
on 3/19/06 1:43 pm - Peoria, AZ
Fran, I've had the same problem. I found when I added some carbs to my diet, I started losing again. I went to a St. Lukes support meeting and was told that I needed to make sure I ate at least 130 grams of carbs per day along with the 80-100 grams of protein. I sort of said huh?, but when I started relaxing my militant avoidance of carbs, I saw a 4 lb loss. I seem to lose in stages. Let me know how everything goes. Randi 360/204/160
Kabaa
on 3/20/06 9:55 pm - Tempe, AZ
Randi thanks for the tip....so far all this p rotein and water just don't seem to be working....maybe adding a few carbs might be the jump start I need.. Fran
Do-over Girl
on 3/20/06 3:14 am - Tempe, AZ
All of the different valley library systems in the Valley have meeting rooms. I know in Scottsdale they have 4 libraries. Phx PL has 14 locations to select from...Mesa has a few, Tempe has one...Most do book out so call early to see if there is availability.
(deactivated member)
on 4/9/06 1:57 am - Phoenix, AZ
What about the community centers? Phoenix Parks and recreation dept, they have meeting rooms. If there is anything I can do to help please let me know. I would love to start going to support meetings.
Most Active