6month checkup--Century CLUB!!

Do-over Girl
on 3/11/06 3:01 am - Tempe, AZ
I have not been as active lately on OH message boards and need to get back to posting more. I have missed everyone! I do try to read the messages daily and have been followed everyone's progress who is pre-op and post-op. My latest news is I am down 113 pounds in 6 months! Randy at SBC says, I am doing great and very consistent with my weight loss. He took my pic for the Century Club wall and I got my CC pin. I attended the emotional SBC group last month for the first time instead of the regular groups there and found that to be very helpful as with my weight loss I am finding my emotions very close to the surface. (No pun intended.) And it helped to hear how others are dealing with emotional eating both pre and post op. It didn't hurt that Dr. Messer was leading the group or shall we say, "Dr. McDreamy" wink to borrow from Grey's Anatomy?!?!? Ahhhh I digress. I am having some joint problems and realize NOW how much celebrex was helping my RA/OA...and as I continue to lose more weight I'm about 1/2 to my goal...that should hopefully lessen and improve. What I am lacking is motivation to exercise. Some of that is because of the hip/knee/back pain and some of it is just pure and simple fatigue--lack of motivation. I have a tredmill, recumbent exercise bike, exercise ball and pilates machine (still in the box)...so lack of equipment is not the issue. What can anyone suggest to help me get my smaller (love saying that!) tush moving??? (I had been counting lots of sex as my exercise --at the risk of thinking out loud--but know that I need to have a more balanced exercise program.) Thanks for listening. jmf
Pamela E.
on 3/11/06 4:06 am - Buckeye, AZ
Well look at you - All gorgeous and slim! You are just doing great, and have passed such a huge milestone in your life now. Congratulations to you and keep it up! I have to take an hour lunch at work Monday - Friday, and obviously it doesn't take me a hour to eat (SBC gives us 20 minutes!). So I just make myself walk after lunch. Hey, there's nothing else to do, and I have to kill the rest of the hour anyway. How about this: No sex until you and your DH have taken a 30 minute walk first? Heee Heee
Sandy in Tucson
on 3/11/06 6:23 am - Tucson, AZ
I just do it......I have pain...but I do it anyways. I am parnoid of weight loss stopping and gaining. I joined the Southern Az hiking club.....I am hiking 4-5 times a month. Today I did a 10k cancer walk up "A" mtn with 2 other gastric by pass patients. I just do it. I have 2-10k walks next week end to do. No one can motivate you more than yourself. Personally excercising indoors is boring to me...I like to do things outside. Sorry, my opinion. Sandy in Tucson
JRinAZ
on 3/11/06 6:41 am - Layton, UT
Holy Cow! You are smokin with that weight loss!!!! Congrats on the Century Club! It's an amazing group to hang with! I hear you with Dr. Messer. I used to work with him at ST Luke's before he moved over to SBC. Tell him Hi from Joyce! He's awesome and does su*****redible service outside of his regular job as well...... With your joint issues, I would sugges****er aerobics. I have done the jogging, walking, hiking, biking stuff and my joints just get pounded. Soooo....I take a water areobics rotation to give them a break. It really kicks rear end too and even though I can do a 10 minute mile on the treadmill....(with oxygen! LOL!) the pool workout is a doozy. I think the key is to switch things around; usuing different muscles and different aerobic venues. Keep up the great job! Let us know how you do and which exercises work for you (besides the bedroom stuff! *winks*) Joyce
Most Active