Plastics Please

dmwilson
on 3/10/06 2:33 am - tucson, AZ
Has anyone had reconstructive surgery (Plastics) done and covered by there insurance company, I have United Health and I know they will cover some procedures if medically needed. Any ione out there have any info? Thanks Diane W.
Darlene X
on 3/10/06 2:39 am - Maricopa, AZ
I don't... but let me know what you find out! We have UHC too, and Hubby is gonna need Plastic's when all is said and done.
lemarie22
on 3/10/06 1:50 pm - Glendale, AZ
I lost my battle with UHC. I submitted MRIs, pictures of rashes, notes from my medical charts documenting all of my rashes and infections as well as the medications prescribed for them, medical statements from my pcp, surgeon, orthopedic surgeon, chiropractor and physical therapist. I even submitted studies that showed that a panniculectomy was benefical for reducing back pain and they just kept denying. Their rational was that there was no proof that surgery would cure my specific pain or rashes and my surgery was cosmetic and not medically necessary. I wish you much luck and suggest that you might want to hire an attorney. Make sure that you document absolutely everything and go to the doctor for every last ache, pain and rash. I'm having reconstructive surgery on April 4th and will be paying for it myself. Connie
dmwilson
on 3/12/06 12:58 am - tucson, AZ
Thanks Connie, I will be sure to have everything documented.
JRinAZ
on 3/10/06 1:58 pm - Layton, UT
Hey Diane, I've been to 6 consults and am still on the hunt. ....a girlfriend from the Chandler Support groups was able to have the majority of her plastics covered through UHC by Dr. Katzen. He'll be speaking at the O.H. deal in Tucson so you could probably talk to him there. I called their office a few months ago but because I had an HMO at the time they wouldn't do anything for me. My hubby starts a new job on Monday and the new insurance is UHC. Sooooo....I'm crossing my fingers and toes that I can get the out of network approval and have Dr. Katzen. ....If I do have to pay out of pocket in the end; I will most likely go with Dr. Gwen Maxwell in Tucson (though it's a drive for me from Chandler). Of the six that I've seen....she seemed to have the most consistent great results and the most comprehensive before and after program to go with it. It's an important decision! Good luck! Joyce
dmwilson
on 3/12/06 1:03 am - tucson, AZ
Thanks Joyce, I know it depends on the UHC plan that one carries I have the EPO plan through Raytheon here in Tucson and I was told that they will cover if medically nessassary. I had no problems for the approval on my LAP-RNY in Nov. 2005 I was approved in 5 days I'm 3 1/2 months out and 71.5 pds. down and feeling great. I just wanted to start doing my home work on plastics. Have started seeing my PCP to document my little problems due to all this ugly skin, so I have started that process. I will keep everyone informed on how this will be working for me. Thanks for your input. Diane
Most Active