Where is everyone???

Darlene X
on 3/6/06 7:10 am - Maricopa, AZ
Come on out and say Hi!!! The forum actually got busy last week for once, and now it's died down again!!! What is everyone up to? Darlene 2 weeks!!!!!!!!!!!
FakeBake
on 3/6/06 8:45 am - AZ
Darlene, Are you getting scared yet? 2 weeks will fly by! Well I'm coming down with something, woke up this morning with a sore throat! I haven't been sick at all this year! So thats what I'm up to! lol..Tara
Darlene X
on 3/7/06 1:20 am - Maricopa, AZ
Hey Tara!!!! Im mostly just trying not to think about it hahaha. Im so scared! I have a fun romantic weekend with hubby planned, so Im using that to take my mind off things right now. Darlene
Sandy in Tucson
on 3/6/06 9:35 am - Tucson, AZ
B/f and I did a short hike up at Picacho peak on the way to Phx this am...it was 1.5 miles 350 ft. elevation gain. I am going to hike to top of Picacho before the heat sets in. I had to go see Dr. Fang for a 2:00 pm appt this afternoon....he needed to see my blood tests....my iron was low normal 4 months ago....I am on ferrous gluconate 324 mg---Rx. My iron was about the same after 4 months of the ferrous gluconate....so that means another trip back to see Dr. Fang 3-4 months. Uggggggh!!! I have now lost 86% of my excess weight since surgery 16 months ago.....he told me most patients stop losing at 12 months out...he is happy the scale is moving for me at 1.5 lbs per week still. Sandy
Sondra J. S.
on 3/6/06 9:40 am - Show Low, AZ
Hi I'm here, I went to Safeway this afternoon, took my fiance's sisters explorer, wore my fiance's size 13 houseslippers, got out of the car and wham.......fell right smack on my left knee, the one I tore in H.S., it hurts sooooo, bad....I told my fiance that I'm glad that I hadn't had surgery yet cuz I'd be in the hospital with the stitches comin out. Oh man it hurts so bad, I can't take any pain meds due to having class tonight, grrrr, it smarts something fierce I'm tellin ya though, I don't know what leg/ankle to limp on now, I have a VERY bad ankle on my right side and now my left knee, I'm tellin ya I'm a mess, lol.... Take care y'all, Sondra
Darlene X
on 3/7/06 6:35 am - Maricopa, AZ
Ugh Sondra! That sucks big time--- how are you feeling now? Is your knee feeling better?
Darlene X
on 3/7/06 6:33 am - Maricopa, AZ
Awesome job Sandy!!! We always drive past Picacho peak, and say we should hike it--- but yeah that would be impossible for us right now--- maybe a future goal
vquigley
on 3/6/06 12:01 pm - Phoenix, AZ
Hi, I'm a pre-op newbie and have been checking this site out for about a month now and just recently registered. I was hoping to get a date in April for surgery but I have a stumbling block called "insurance" to jump over before that happens. I live in the Phoenix area, have been battling weight most of my life and I think it is finally time to take care of it so I can be healthy. Haven't had a chance to post a picture yet but that will come soon. I enjoy reading your stories, successes, challenges, etc. and look forward to sharing my story soon. Virginia
Laurel_M
on 3/6/06 1:29 pm - Goodyear, AZ
Welcome, good for you that you are taking positive steps to take care of yourself. good luck with your insurance!
Tiffany McGee
on 3/7/06 3:09 am - Glendale, AZ
Darlene (my mom's name too) - Your surgery is coming up right? *WISHING YOU MUCH LUCK!* Letmesee - Weekend - Not much, cleaned house on saturday and attended Support Meeting - which was great! Thanks DJ! for the protien mix. I've not tried it yet. Hope to soon. Worked Sunday at the Glories TIMCO like all other Sundays.... Monday - Mom had a hysterectomy. Was suppose to have her ovaries removed, but Dr. decided (without asking us) to remove the whole enchilada. Let me tell you, mom is p.o'd! So she will be in the hospital until Wednesday.... Today working Rest of the week - VACATION FROM TIMCO!!! Time to hang with the munchkin for a we bit - plus my babysitter is a little under the weather from surgery... Oh and I have two "get more things out of the way for surgery" appointments this week. Wish me luck... Thats it.... Oh yeah and still waiting impatiently for the 22nd to come so I can get the last one-on-one consult done! Take Care! Tiff
Most Active