Wow! I can see my insides! LOL

DCampbell2k
on 3/1/06 6:35 am - El Mirage, AZ
Yeah, so if you're faint of heart don't read this! LOL Last saturday I sprung a leak!!! Who would have thought? But it's not infection or anything, something about "a good leak" and my fat dying. I'm not sure I was too freaked out to listen well. I ended up going into Barix and they brought the surgeon in on the weekend and he opened up my incision a little (about 2 inches) and got some fluid out. But the thing is we have had it kept open since then! It's so crazy to be sitting at home and then 3 times a day change bandages and see inside yourself! LOL But other than that I've felt fine! At the 2 week mark I was down 44 pounds. I get to go back in tommorrow to check on everything so we'll see how much more I've lost since Monday! I'm getting ready to start on pureed foods on Saturday. I've got some interesting recipes to try. What do you guys recommend?
Darlene X
on 3/1/06 7:07 am - Maricopa, AZ
Good to hear from you Duane!!! Im glad it was nothing serious!!! 44lbs is awesome!!!! I better get some of EJ's old clothes together for you, cause your gonna be shrinking out of your stuff before you know it hehehe Darlene
Ginger
on 3/1/06 9:58 am - Chandler, AZ
Hi Duane, I can sure relate to the open wound..looking in and seeing your insides I had an incisional infection shortly after surgery and I was put on a wound VAC and had a homecare nurse change the dressings and had weekly visits to the "Wound Center" at Tempe St. Luke's. Insurance paid for everything... and the wound healed up sooo nicely. I was on it for about 5 weeks..but I was told it would have taken longer without the wound VAC. E-mail me if you have any questions....I'm no expert..but I lived it!!! Ginger
JRinAZ
on 3/1/06 3:42 pm - Layton, UT
Congrats and High Fives on the 44 pounds Duane!!!! Don't let anything fall out of that opening; cept maybe a liittle pound or 2!!!! Hope the new you is feeling all put together soon! Hugggzzzzz! Joyce
Most Active