Date changed ON surgery date!!!!

Sondra J. S.
on 2/25/06 6:21 am - Show Low, AZ
Hi everyone, Sorry I popped out of sight for awhile, but do I have a story to tell you!! I left for Flagstaff on the 22nd because my surgery WAS scheduled for the 23rd, wellllllllllllll, I get a call from the surgeon's office AFTER I get to Flagstaff ( a 2 1/2 hr drive) that they don't have ins. approval yet, So, as of now I've driven all this way for nothing, soooo I decide to wait and see if they come through for the 24th, still nothing, so I call and find out on the 24th that the surgeon's office rescheduled my surgery for March 20th, could be the 13th, IF someone backs out!! This is bull and I think I should have a date A LOT sooner than this since my surgery was scheduled for a date already!!!! NOT FAIR!!!! So, this is my delimea. I am still pending ins. approval appeareantly.... A VERY bummed Sondra
Terri M.
on 2/25/06 7:39 am - Pinedale, AZ
Sondra, So sorry to hear this. Oh Man that really sucks!!! March 20 does seem a long way away. I'll pray that someone backs out and you can have the 13th. How's your family taking it? I know they came a long way to be with you for your surgery. Will they be able to come back in March? Keep your chin up, the 20th will be here before you know it! Again I am so sorry.
Sandy in Tucson
on 2/25/06 11:15 am - Tucson, AZ
My Dr. would not give me a date until I had 100% ins. approval. Your Dr. and his office.....should not have given you date until they were 100% sure of ins. approval......very unfair to you. It might have worked out they way they planned...but since it did not...you are the loser. Sorry, for your frustration. Sandy in Tucson 173 lbs down
Tiffany McGee
on 2/26/06 5:32 am - Glendale, AZ
Oh way how horrible. I'm sorry to hear that Sondra. Seems like they could have called you a little sooner if they didn't have the insurance approval. Maybe someone else will back out. I was wondering how your were too. Kinda hadn't heard anything so wondered how your surgery went. Sorry hon! Good Luck! Take Care Tiff
Brandy H
on 2/27/06 6:18 am - Glendale, AZ
that is really crappy of your surgeons office to do that to you! i would let them know that you would have appreciated a phone call PRIOR to getting to their office. hopefully things will get worked out! but i am a BIG believer in everything happens for a reason. so try and be patient. that really sucks though. brandy
Darlene X
on 2/27/06 6:23 am - Maricopa, AZ
OMG Sondra!!!!! My date is march 20th-- we might end up being date buddies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
JRinAZ
on 3/1/06 3:24 pm - Layton, UT
Sondra! That is crummy business!!!! Didn't you have your Mom fly in and everything???? ......Sooooo.....go to every movie, read some great books, kick a few walls in and befoer you know it your new date will be a wake up away!!!! Hang in there! It's a journey worth starting! Huggzzzz, Joyce
Trisha
on 3/4/06 4:20 am - Glendale, AZ
Why would they schedule you for surgery BEFORE insurance approval? I never heard of that before. I hope your approval comes through Monday for you so your wait will be over. Hang in there!! Trisha
Most Active