hair loss before surgery

sgirl
on 2/24/06 2:16 am - tucson, AZ
Did anyone have hair loss before surgery. Did it increase or decrease after surgery. Help with any comments, please. Thank you so much.
(deactivated member)
on 2/24/06 8:26 am - Phoenix, AZ
I experienced my hair loss at 6 months post op - it was alarming! Melissa @ Dr Blackstones office assured me that it would slow down or stop and eventually it did - I still have some light shedding, but it varies on my protein intake. And Ive heard that the hair grows back fuller - so thats a bonus!
Brandy H
on 2/27/06 6:25 am - Glendale, AZ
generally, hair loss happens for a couple of reasons. these reasons fall into 2 categories...external which is hair breakage. or internal, which is something going on internally...i.e. hormonal, stress, vitamin deficiency (sp??). if you are losing hair now (and it is not breakage) i would guess it is one of those reasons. postop, just about everyone starts losing their hair....for a number of reasons. again, vitamin deficiency, stress, hormonal changes, plus any kind of surgery and medications will affect your hair. my surgeon (dr. juarez) told me that just about everyone loses some hair but to keep up on the protein and keep up on the vitamins but really the hair loss will slow or stop at about 8 mos out. i recommend taking a biotin supplement, also flax seed supplements will help also. and nioxin is the product that i reccomend as far as something topical to go ON your hair. hope this helps. brandy
Most Active