May I INVADE your board

Dedee
on 2/22/06 12:28 am - Home Is Where, The HEART is, Midwest
My name is Dedee I may have a job offer in Arizona...it depends on if I want to live in Arizona. Can you all tell me about life there...cost of living, schools, etc. It would be in the FT HUACHUCA area. Thanks
JRinAZ
on 2/22/06 2:22 am - Layton, UT
Dedee, I'm not from that specific area but understand that people love it from what I've heard anyway. Arizona takes some getting use to. I moved here from Washington D.C. (very green; humid) and was raised in Idaho/Utah; has seasons and is cool in the shade! LOL! ....I still (after 12 years here) have my DH start looking for a job in the north each and every MAY! I get depressed from July through September and am delighted to see Halloween come (our weather cools)..... It's a lot to consider....That being said, I LOVE the sunshine, the short distance to the coast, the weather during the winter and the diverse cultural experiences available. ....Good luck with your decisions. Just remember to bloom where you are planted.....in Arizona....the blooms to enjoy would be our fragrant Citrus trees! If you hurry, you'll catch the scent! Good luck! Joyce P.S. OUr housing has just jumped through the roof.....our gas is higher than most places because of state taxes but you will have great shopping experiences living so close to the Mexican boarder!!!!
Dedee
on 2/22/06 2:34 am - Home Is Where, The HEART is, Midwest
Thanks alot Joyce...I understand the heat is dry heat since it is a deset...Alabama's heat is humid...taxes here are 10 cents on a dollar and gas is just going down at 2.15-2.20 a gallon. I am considering it...have to talk to hubby again...he is from Cinci and doesn't mind the move, he just hates to uproot our teenage son from high school (sigh)... Thanks again
Christine In AZ
on 3/1/06 12:31 am - Way Down South in AZ
DeDee, You will LOVE the Sierra Vista/Ft. Huachuca area. I've been here for about 8 months now, moved down from Phoenix. It's not nearly as hot here in the summer as in Phoenix. This winter was pretty mild, too. The landscape is nowhere near as brown as Phoenix's, and you can actually grow things here. It's a really small town atmosphere, but I really like that. And, Tucson is only an hour away. I think you'd like it here, it's a great place to raise a family. My son is a Junior in the city's only high school, and he loves it. It's a large school with a student body of around 3000 in grades 9 - 12. Email me if you'd like at [email protected]
Most Active