Speeding Ticket, and Loooooong Drive

Sondra J. S.
on 2/20/06 3:31 pm - Show Low, AZ
Hi everyone, Mannnnnn, I've had the most tiring last couple of days!!!! Ok, first off I rented a car from Hatch here in Show Low, nice car, but find out the next day that the steering wheel DOES tilt, lol, sooo then it turns out to be a pretty decent car, lol.... well My fiance and I drive to Phoenix to pick up my Mom, Sister, and Niece at Sky Harbor, welllll there are NO signs on the 202 that we see until it's to late, soooo we end up in Avondale, keep in mind that I've NEVER driven to PHX let alone to the airport before, lol, so I stop at a station snf ginf out that we drove 30 minutes out of the way!!!! OMG, lmao!!!! Soooo, we turn around and get on the 10 East and follow the signs that ARE on that side, so we FINALLY find the airport and get to the parking garage and my fiance is getting upset with me because I'm circling the garage for a great parking space, well, he's getting really irate. I find a space and we get into the airport and find Frontier's gate and wait for the flight to arrive, we are 10 min late gettin there, well, as we are waiting we start talking to a woman that is waiting on the same flight that we are, and come to find out that the flight had just landed and was 40min. late arriving. Sooo, I wasn't late afterall.....Well, then after all the people from the flight had all disembarked still no family, then I started worrying thinkin maybe that they had missed the plane in Denver ( the plane boarded in Kansas City then had a 3 hr. layover in Denver then on to PHX), ok soooo, I'm waiting and waiting, then I go to Frontier's counter and all they can tell me is that they checked baggage in Denver....WELL that doesn't help me....AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH, lol well, we are waiting, then all of the sudden there they are!!!!!!!!! ****sobbing**** I have never been sooo happy to see my family, they have never been to Arizona before and this is a new adventure for them. My fiance's sister is took them to see the painted desert today 2-20 and my fiance's mom is taking them to the Navajo reservation at Bird Springs tomorrow 2-21 we are very close with the medicine man and the family out there, we consider them family and them the same with us. Fiance's mom also wants to take them to Gallup to the Indian swap meet and to Avalon's. They went nuts when they seen the cactus and mountains, they loved the four peaks and superstions, and weavers needle, things we take for granted because it's only a road trip away. Well, thanks for reading my rant, and rave!!!! Sondra, Surgery in 2 days!!!!
JRinAZ
on 2/21/06 3:58 am - Layton, UT
Holy Cow Sondra! You had quite the adventure! Too bad you had to do a quickie or we could have met and I could have treated to some great southwest cuisine! Maybe next time? Enjoy your family and GET EXCITED! TWO DAYS!!!!!! That is just a couple of protein drinks away from being a LOSER!!!!! Woooo Hoooo! See you on the "downhill"!!!! Joyce
tamikosue
on 2/21/06 5:52 am - Lakeside, AZ
Hey Sondra, Good luck and godspeed with your surgery. I had my surgery 12/27/06. If you need anything afterwards let me know. It's kind of hard up here in the White Mountains. We are thinking of starting a support group. I already know of an office space we could use. If you are interested let me know. Hope you enjoyed your trip............Tiffany
Most Active