Phoenix help needed ...

Summer
on 2/17/06 10:23 am - Home sweet home, CA
Hi it's me Summer from the Cali board!! I am heading to Costa Rica (for PS) next week and I have a 5 1/2 hour lay over. Could you recommend a nice restaurant I MUST go to? I like to see a little bit of Phoenix while I am there!! I will be traveling with my sister and my Mom!! We love to shop and drink martinis I told them I'd ask my OH buddies for some tips!! Thanks!!! ~Summer
Sandy in Tucson
on 2/17/06 10:35 am - Tucson, AZ
Who is your Dr. in Costa Rica? Does he have a web site???? Are the prices 1/2 the price of the US.... or approx what is the discount? How long to you need to stay in Costa Rica for follow up after your surgery??? I am totally curious bec I need to start some plastic surgery soon.....and i hear the Dr.s in costa Rica are very good.. Ty Sandy in Tucson 173 lbs down now 347/174/150
Summer
on 2/17/06 11:16 am - Home sweet home, CA
You have mail !!
tres35cowgirl8
on 2/18/06 1:24 am - * _ *, AZ
If you coming to Phx, there are tons of places to eat and shop. Others can tell you in the city's they live in but The 101 and Bell Have tons of places to eat and shop- Arrowhead mall All with in 3 blocks are tons of stores and food Teresa
Summer
on 2/18/06 1:28 am - Home sweet home, CA
Thank you so much Teresa!!! Enjoy your weekend!!! ~Summer
mrs.3m
on 2/20/06 12:03 am - Mesa, AZ
Summer, The airport is about 10 minutes of Scottsdale and Tempe which would be a good place to look around. If you go to Tempe, start down Mill Ave, it is a collage area but some cute shops and a few good restaurants, P.F.Changs & Ruby Tuesday are my faves. Scottsdale, you want to be on Scottsdale Blvd. Old Town Scotts has some great shopping and eating. If you want more info, let me know. Melissa
Summer
on 2/20/06 1:02 am - Home sweet home, CA
Hi Melissa~ I think we'll go check out Scottsdale! I had friends from college who lived there! Can you recommend a restaurant there? I like PF Changs and Ruby Tuesdays too! So I think I'll like your suggestion!! Thanks so much for taking the time to answer my touristy post !! ~Summer
mrs.3m
on 2/20/06 3:06 am - Mesa, AZ
Not a problem, I was a tourist here once.... Scottsdale: For Mexican the best place is Los Olivos 7328 N. 2nd Ave. This place is great. Italian, I liked a place called Italian Grotto 3915 N. Scottsdale Rd. Good Italian food. For a mixture of food (burgers, steak, chicken) the Roaring Fork 4800 n. Scottsdale Rd. Jus****ch this place, the servings are huge. You can share very easy and still have left overs. For a late breakfast or light lunch (wasn't sure what time your layover is at) the Breakfast Club is awesome. 4400 n. Scottsdale Rd. All of these are in the same general location, in Old Town. You will be able to to some serious walking/shopping at the same time. Hope this helps. Melissa
Summer
on 2/20/06 3:58 am - Home sweet home, CA
Yes this definitely helps!! What a sweetie you are!!!! Thanks for listing the addresses too!! Our layover is from 10:20am-4pm so we can enjoy a nice lunch! Shopping and walking is always fun!! ~Summer
Trisha
on 2/21/06 4:04 am - Glendale, AZ
These are all less than 20 mins away from the airport..... Top FAVE for out-of-town guests! Eddie Matney's Restaurant Celebrity Chef & fun dining experience - chef comes out to restaurant and entertains patrons Across the street from Cheesecake Factory on 24th St./Camelback - just head NORTH on 24th street from airport. You'll pass Indian School and the next major stoplight is Camelback. Take the first LEFT past camelback. http://www.azeats.com/eddiematney/default.htm My fave Mexical restaurant!! Mexican - Macayo's Mexican Kitchen on Central/Indian School www.macayos.com BBQ - Honey Bears BBQ on Central/Thomas www.honeybearsbbq.com American - Alice Cooper-stown Downtown Phoenix Owned by Alice Cooper - fun environment even for lunch! http://www.alicecooperstown.com/ Greek - Crazy Jim's at 15th Ave/Indian School or My Big Fat Greek Restaurant (in Tempe or Scottsdale) Crazy Jims is cheaper but I think they have the best flavor. Upscale American - Phoenix City Grille Pricey, but VERY worth it! (entrees between $20-40 each) http://www.phoenixcitygrille.com/main.htm Italian - Tucchetti 21st St./Camelback (east-right of Eddie Matneys) http://www.azeats.com/Tucchetti/default.htm Fun italian joint with an awesome salad bar, soup bar, all you can eat garlic bread (watch it!) and awesome pasta and antipasta dishes. Casual atmosphere but high quality service! You've got some choices now. If I was to choose ONE, I'd say Eddie Matney's or Macayos! Hugs, Trisha
Most Active