Chandler Support Group..

Darlene X
on 2/14/06 1:58 am - Maricopa, AZ
Ok, so does anyone else (Other than Joyce) go to the Chandler support group??? Sorry Joyce, I already know you do hehehe... What exactly do you do on Tuesday nights?
JRinAZ
on 2/14/06 4:34 am - Layton, UT
LOL!......Me thinks you are picturing poor Joyce sitting in a big empty room all by herself! *winks* ......There are oodles of folks that come to our meetings but alas, the word does not spread easily across the AZ territory so people sit at home without that extra support boost that they could be getting! .... Most of the folks in our group do their chatting on the Chandler support site. I think I'm the only one that peaks in on several boards! Chandler's support site: [email protected] Come on over and check us out Darlene and EJ. We have pre-ops, post-ops, grads, lap bands, Rny's....folks from all surgeon's and programs! We ARE a FUN bunch! Hugggzzz and Happy Valentine's Day to you sweetie pie! ....Next year you and EJ will be buying each other some hot little outfits for Valentine's Day! Joyce
Darlene X
on 2/14/06 4:36 am - Maricopa, AZ
LOL, I don't picture you all alone! Just wanted to know if anyone else here went... When is the next meeting??? What do you guys do? Any young people 30 and under?
JRinAZ
on 2/14/06 7:07 am - Layton, UT
Darlene, The age varies between early 20's on up to even as old as ME!!! ha ha ha! So, you'd feel comfy .....We have a pre-op that comes occasionally that is waiting to turn 18 so her insurance will cover the surgery. I guess she's our youngest. But...interesting how we all have so mu*****ommon that age doesn't mean that much. One of my bestest girlfriends is 15 years younger than I am but we have a blast together. We both love shopping, dancing, hiking, etc. Our meetings are much the same as most of them in the valley (I pop in on bunches and used to facilitate the St Luke's/Bridges grad meetings). We have introductions where each person tells their name, surgeon, surgery date, and if they want, they tell how much they have lost in total. We then have a motivational presentation that may be a guest speaker or just one of us that has prepared some information. The last 45 minutes or so is for pre-op and post-op questions. The grads do the answering. At 7:30 (end of the official mtg...most of us go to dinner at some pre-arranged location) This is a blast! We learn how folks order out and stay on track....how folks eat at different phases and continue our friendshipping and support over dinner. We have found bunches of restaurants that give us the children's price when we come and/or let us order ala carte (like just the turkey or fish) and not the complete meal. Some of us will split a meal and still have leftovers! You and hubby would fit right into our wild and crazy group! Joyce
Darlene X
on 2/14/06 7:14 am - Maricopa, AZ
When is the next meeting? The 28th? It sounds interesting. I know where Chandler regional hospital is, but where in the hospital? How do we get there?
JRinAZ
on 2/14/06 10:04 am - Layton, UT
Hospital: Frye and Dobson Enter from the main entrance on the East side (by E.R. doors) walk through the lobby and take the elevators on the right to the lower level. Turn left towards the pharmacy and then make a quick right after the pharmacy. We are immediately on the right in conference rooms 1 and 2. Someone in the group always tries to get there early enough to put up little signs with arrows. Yup! The next meeting is the 4th Tuesday the 28th - 6-7:30 p.m. I'll know you and you'll know me! ....Tell EJ that there's usually 4 to 6 men at the meetings. My DH had the surgery too and usually comes. The next meeting will be facilitated by a couple that both had the surgery. They look amazing. You can see their before and after pictures on: www.AZlapband.com Joyce BTW....I think EJ is a sweetie pie for going to see Duane! ....!
Darlene X
on 2/14/06 12:16 pm - Maricopa, AZ
Thanks Joyce!!! I think we may just come... I talked to Hubby about it, and we'd like to see what it's all about. We'll leave the dogs out in the yard that day so we can stay out late hehe. Just keep an eye out for a hot red head, and his chunky wife LOL
JRinAZ
on 2/16/06 1:16 am - Layton, UT
Yay! I'm so excited to meet both of you! .....I'll save you both a seat! Joyce
Lex_Luther
on 2/23/06 1:17 am - Chandler, AZ
Hi Joyce, I am strongly considering getting the surgery. My wife had it done over a year ago and is doing well. Since she had her surgery, I have been eating my food and hers. I have also quit smoking, which was great, but my weight went up more and my wife is now pregnant which also very good news, but I seem to be getting bigger. My BMI is at 52. My primary care physician is hesitant to approve the surgery though. I'm rambling... Would I benefit from attending your Support Group? Would it scare me into or out of the surgery? Any help would be appreciated. I signed up just to post to you. The email you listed above was returned Paul
Most Active