frustrated me

Michele M.
on 2/10/06 7:33 pm - Phoenix, AZ
RNY on 07/21/04 with
You said "but i dropped a size of clothes in a month." That doesn't sound like a rut to me. Tape measures help keep you sane when the scale is not your friend Relax, it's working Michele
Brandy H
on 2/10/06 10:33 pm - Glendale, AZ
thanks girls for all of your responses. my mouth is feeling a little bit better but i am still a bit puffy cheeked and sore. i can chew soft things now and i am going to do a couple of protein shakes today. i know i am a successful wls patient. but it is just frustrating to be doing what you are supposed to be doing and all of a sudden the loss comes to a halt. (+ 3 lbs sucks too!!) i will get there. and i am happy with my results thus far. after all, 104 lbs in 7 mos and 99.25 inches in 7 mos and dropping from a size 28 or 30 pants to now a 18 or a tight 20 pants and a size 3x shirt to an xl in regular sizes can't be too bad right?? i will keep my chin up and get back to my regular self and my regular routine as soon as i am off of these pain meds! and i don't have debbie harry jaws! haha. (better than a chipmunk!) thanks again for all your support. brandy
Sandy in Tucson
on 2/11/06 6:20 am - Tucson, AZ
Brandy I believe in weighing 2-3 times aweek......my opinion again. I sure want to know if I gain...so I can take charge ASAP. My thoughts. I would never put the scale away. In the past when I put the scale away...it was a good time to lie to myself about weight gain...and not take charge immediately. Sandy in Tucson
Brandy H
on 2/11/06 7:53 am - Glendale, AZ
i am not hiding the scale from myself. i do take charge of my weight loss/gain....again....just had some oral surgery and am on like 4 different prescriptions and am not my usual self right now. i will get back to normal in the next day or so.
Trisha
on 2/11/06 1:22 pm - Glendale, AZ
Hey, Brandy!!! You are doing great! It's the meds......does it everytime. Once you get off the meds, weight will continue to go down. It's normal to stall every now and then during our weight loss, part of life they all say. But I think this has to do with meds. Hang in there, sweetie!!! It's 7 months and how many days? LOL Your countdowns and such are so cute!!! How's your mouth/missing teeth feeling? Did surgery go okay extracting your wisdom teeth? Trisha
Brandy H
on 2/12/06 2:06 am - Glendale, AZ
hey trisha, it's 7 months and 4 days to be exact! ha i am thinking it is the meds too...i am (sorry if this is too much info) very constipated. i have been drinking a ton of water and no other liquids and eating softer stuff (teeth still hurt!!!!) but i can't go poo. this happened when i had surgery in july and was on lortab. i am on penicillin, lortab, some steroid for my swollen jaws, and i have a mouth rinse. and i can't excercise right now. today was the first day that i actually got a complete shower and shaved and everything!.... and i even have makeup on and everything for the first time in 4 days!!! i will get back to to myself hopefully in the next day or so....and get back to being a loser. my mouth hurts. it feels like someone socked me in my jaws. i had 3 teeth taken out. 1 on top that was actally exposed and easily pulled. but the 2 on the bottom were impacted and the oral sugeon said they were "really in there!" i have stiches that i guess are going to disintegrate or something in the next week. i also had a root canal about 2 weeks ago! and then when my wisdom holes heal up i get to get a crown too.... can you say EXPENSIVE!!! i have forked out about $2200 for my teeth in the last month. and i still have about $700 left to spend.....no wonder i am a little depressed. i have no money! whaaaaaaa! thanks for listening to me vent! brandy
Most Active