Did you go to 1 yr post-op appt???

Trisha
on 2/7/06 5:19 am - Glendale, AZ
My one year is coming up in a month and I should make an appt to see Dr. Fang. But I am not sure why I need to go. Why pay a copay to just get weighed and say I'm feeling fine? LOL I haven't really lost any weight the last few months. I'm debating on whether I should even go or why it's necessary. I'm sure it would look good for their records, for patient statistics and such, but was just wondering if other anniversary babes out there went and your thoughts on going. Should I make an appt? I just hate paying co-pays when there is no need or new information or anything. Ugh.... LOL Trisha
mrs.3m
on 2/7/06 7:08 am - Mesa, AZ
Have you had your labs done lately? I believe that the one of the main reasons for the follow up is to make sure all your bloodwork looks good. I went for my one year, I even flew to CA for the day just for it. I was looking forward to it. I wanted to show my surgeon how I had done. I had gone though so many problems in the first few months that I wanted him to see how I got through it all. And to thank him and the program staff for helping change my life. I would tell you that if you are following up regularly with your primary Dr. then your one year with your surgeon may not be needed. But I am sure someone else can give more imput on the nessesity of it. Melissa
Sandy in Tucson
on 2/7/06 7:40 am - Tucson, AZ
I agree...........I am so thank-ful for the surgery. It was totally pd for by the insurance---I had a $150 copay. I do hate the drive from Tucson.....and I take the entire day off from work to do it. But, bottom line...I can't say Thank-you enough to Dr. Fang. And to his staff, Thank-you. He truly saved my life. Sandy in Tucson 170 lbs down
Sandy in Tucson
on 2/7/06 7:35 am - Tucson, AZ
You need to have the blood work done.....I went at 12 months...my iron was low...Dr. Fang put me on ferrous gluconate 324 mg. 100 pills is a Rx and less than $8.00 at Fry's drug. Do you think I like to drive 300 miles for a Dr.s visit? I kinda commited myself to follow up care when I wanted the surgery. You need to do your blood work and bite the bullet and go. maybe, this will make you realize you need to get back on track. Personally you were doing so well...I would ask for some therapist help from Dr. Maxwell's office in the hospital. They can give you a list behavior people who work with food isuues. I know they can bec . I have the list for the Tucson area and I got it from Dr. Maxwell's office. I may need to go in the future...who knows. Sandy in Tucson
Ginger
on 2/7/06 10:40 pm - Chandler, AZ
Hi Trisha, I'm kinda there with you on not wanting to go back in for a check-up. My thing is with all my complications in the hospital...I got out of the hospital on the day my 2-week appt. was scheduled. I am a little "gun-shy" of hospitals lately. I went to my 4 week appointment and it was no big deal. I have been working with so many doctors/homecare nurse for so many different reasons..my post-op visit isn't top of the list. I have a notebook full of Dr. appts. Monday I went to my PCP's office lab to have a fasting blood work-up drawn. Then, 1 hour later, I went to Sonora labs to get my blood drawn for my blood thinner meds for my Pulmo doc. I'll never try that again. Sometimes I forget that I had the surgery and that I am not quite on the mend...but I'm getting there! Hugs, Ginger
Arizona_Sun
on 2/8/06 1:59 am - Gilbert, AZ
Yes, I went to the one year check up. They did not even contact me about doing a two year check up as I had expected based upon my experience at one year. My particular clinic does labs, but not enough of them (however I suspect rather traditional with what other clinics order). I use my PCP for a much more comprehensive set of labs and make sure my surgeon is copied on them. I have had feed back from him to watch certain things from labs that he refused to order - go figure! Anyway, I do recommmend that you go to the one year and then you can assess what labs are ordered and if your PCP can do follow up that is as good or better for the future. It is good seeing you post again. Sandy
Sheryl Tilley
on 2/9/06 4:20 am - Prescott, AZ
Now Trisha! You better go! (Remember you said to remind you about your resolution to do things?) Be a good example to the rest of us and go! Hugs! SHeryl
Most Active