MARICOPA COUNTY???

seamore
on 2/2/06 2:57 am - orlando, fl
Hi All, We are looking into moving to az. We need to be close to glendale for my husband is going to go to school at the college of pharmacy. How is maricopa?? We are looking to buy at least a 3300 square foot home, what kinda price range do you all think that is out there?? also do you all cook with gas or electic?? is it hard to find a one story with that much square footage?? We would like high ceilings oh we would like it to be a new home. Also DO YOU ALL HAVE HOME OWNER DUES??? THANKS FOR ALL YOUR HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SUSIE
lemarie22
on 2/2/06 4:21 am - Glendale, AZ
Hi Susie, Do you mean Maricopa County or the town of Maricopa? Glendale is in the West part of the valley, and in Maricopa County, but the town if Maricopa is located roughly 20 miles south of Phoenix and about 20 miles northwest of Casa Grande so it's a pretty far drive to Glendale. There are a lot of new home divisions in the West Valley that have 3,000 or more square feet with high ceilings. My sister and father both have a one story home in the West valley with at least 3,000 square feet. The West Valley is one of the more reasonable areas for home pricing. Along with the new homes almost always comes a Home Owner's Association with Home Owner Association Dues, but the older, established areas usually don't have HOAs. As for cooking with gas or electric, it's a mix and usually up to you if you are having a new home built. Hope this helps, Connie
Darlene X
on 2/2/06 4:37 am - Maricopa, AZ
Im not exactly the most familiar with the west valley--- Im an east valley girl but I'll try help. I was talking to a lady who lives that way and said if your looking for brand new homes and he is going to scool in Glendale then Peoria or lake Pleasant would be good spots. There is a lot of building in Surprise, but that would be a longer drive. I have been browsing some popular home builders here to get an idea of price in your sq ft... I think you will have a harder time finding a single story in that sq ft, or pay an outrageous price because that takes up lots of land, they tend to go 2 stories to save land costs. Most home builders I found only go to upper 200's in sq ft. I found some KB Homes in Surprise 3360 sq ft (2 stories) for around $400k Trend homes has a developement in Glendale right now $430k or so for 3300 sq ft. Check out the different homes, prices and floor plans here: http://www.trendhomes.com/co-plat.html I think for that sq ft you will be looking anywhere in the $400-500k range for a brand new home. Most places Ive found here cook with electric. And yes, any newer home will be in a Home Owners Assc. and will pay HOA fee's Hope that helps a little. I'll keep looking for builders in the Glendale area.
Most Active