Support...will you come...we need support

Sandy in Tucson
on 1/26/06 8:57 pm - Tucson, AZ
To have an OH conference in Tucson....my support group leaders have made a pledge to have at least 200 people going to the conference in Tucson april 8-2006...There is banner running on top o of this page....please check it out. We need people who will commit to the conference. I went to the one in Phx last year it was outstanding. I was so pleased withat conference I went to National west coast event in Dec in Costa Mesa for 3 days...it to was outstanding. Personally I can not understand why anyone would not want to come...it is not that far to Tucson and the price of the conference is not that bad. It is a full day of speakers and venders. Trust me I will be there...supporting my weight loss support group in bringing OH to Tucson. Go [email protected] Sandy in Tucson 167 lbs down
nursekuba
on 1/27/06 3:34 pm - Phoenix, AZ
Hi, Sandy. I was in Costa Mesa in Dec too and enjoyed it a lot. I just saw about the event in Tucson and it would be fun to go. I just consulted my calendar and it looks like that is a weekend I will be off (I work every other weekend). I am restarting a group here in Phx that was started last year. I am hoping some of us can attend the event.
Sandy in Tucson
on 1/27/06 10:59 pm - Tucson, AZ
I went a near goal support group meeting last Thrus. night for TUSWLS. We need support. We need commitment. Everyone who wants to go you can get tickets for the convention cheaper through a weight support group in your area. The banner says $40...but through a support group it probably $35 or as low as $30 if you have a lot of members attending. Please support OH and TUSWLS in Tucson in bringing a OH convention so close to your local city in Tucson. I traveled on the plane to Costa Mesa.....and I drove to Phx last year....I was not about to miss it...my opinion. so Tucson is not that far. TY Nurse Kuba for your support.........ty Sandy Newkirk
JRinAZ
on 1/28/06 12:24 am - Layton, UT
Sandy, I have personal issues with some of the presenters but alas, I will most likely put that "junk' aside and carpool down with a group.....I'm not always tickled with the presenters/presentations but nothing beats an entire day of hanging with WLS friends!!!! Even the $45.00 at door price is not a bad deal for having some fun with others on the same journey! I just wish the money would go to someone other than.......(o.k.....personal stuff to myself! LOL!) Joyce P.S. Anyone considering hosting a Friday evening gala? WE had a local dinner and dance prior to the Phoenix....It as first come first serve with reservations as we could only take 60 folks at the restaurant. It was FULL right away! Anyway...just let me know and I can blast is across the AZ support boards!
Elaine C
on 1/28/06 4:25 am - TUCSON, AZ
I was so glad to hear it was scheduled for the 8th. It's probably the only saturday I have nothing planned. Now I do. I already put it on my calendar. Elaine Charton Lap RNY-10/19/05 Dr. Chiasson 299/222/170
Kathy S.
on 1/28/06 10:32 am - PHX, AZ
Sandy, You are right..... Tucson is not that far. Can pre-ops attend? I'm hoping to be a POST-OP by then but I am interested. Kathy
Deanne K.
on 1/28/06 12:56 pm - Tucson, AZ
Kathy, OH events are for everyone, pre or post op. I went to Costa Mesa and it was a blast. We had a great time. I missed the workshop in Phoenix last year and was sad that I couldn't go. I am looking forward to attending this one. Deanne Dr. Blackstone
Celeste R
on 1/28/06 1:08 pm - Maricopa, AZ
I am new to Arizona and I would love to go. Is there anyone out there traveling from the Maricopa area??? I don't really drive long distances I would love to carpool if possible. If not I'm sure I will find a way to be there. I look forward to meeting everyone..... I was really involved with the OH group in Ca. I would love to start meeting people out here. See ya in April!!!! Celeste
mrs.3m
on 1/29/06 11:50 pm - Mesa, AZ
I plan on going. Not sure if going by myself or with my husband. Celeste you are more than welcome to carpool down with me/us. We can pick some place to meet up, I believe Maricopa is off the 10 right?
Celeste R
on 1/30/06 1:50 pm - Maricopa, AZ
Thanks!!! Yep I am of the 10 fwy. I will email you privately with my number so we can get together. Thanks again. Celeste Lap Rny 5/19/05 270/164/145???
Most Active