1st bad experience with surgery!

FakeBake
on 1/8/06 3:06 am - AZ
well it all started lastnight, I couldn't keep anything down, this was way different then getting food stuck...So this morning, I woke up had a bite of jerky and added some water ontop of that and up it had to come. then I tried to drink some sugar free hot chocolate, and same thing, water same thing, so I called my Surgeon and he said to NOT put anything else in my mouth today at all! When I wake up in the morning to drink some hot tea or something like that, and see if it helps, he said it is probably swollen. How the heck does it get swollen after 3 1/2 months out? anyway, i will follow docs orders! hope it isn't seriouse.. Tara
Trisha
on 1/9/06 11:53 am - Glendale, AZ
Could be foaming/frothing - which was what I experienced 2-3 months out. Hot tea or even ho****er with lemon and honey helps "melt" the mucus lining your pouch and if you drink that about 20-30 mins before you eat it should help - I know it did for me. If this is the FIRST bad experience you have had since surgery then that is awesome, girlfriend!!! Hang in there. We all have tough days with our pouches - yep, even at 3+ months out. Let us know how tomorrow goes! Trisha
Marilyn C.
on 1/9/06 1:22 pm - Bullhead City, AZ
Most likely it was caused by eating too fast or not chewing your food well enough. It happens even 20 months out. Then you were adding stuff on top of what was already stuck and not getting anywhere. Do what you Doc suggested & all should be better tomorrow. Lay off the Jerky for a few days as well. To rough & dry. Stick with a little softer stuff since it is already irritated. Good luck, hope tomorrow is better. Marilyn, the Bearlady
Most Active