Former Dr. Magary patient... help?

(deactivated member)
on 1/5/06 12:18 pm - Phx, AZ
I'm Liz. I am 10 months out...had my surgery 2/22/05. I have since lost 105 lbs...have only 40 more to go to goal. I am pleased, but this is not my dilemma. We patients were referred to another surgeon in Scottsdale for care, since Dr. Magary no longer has the clinic due to illness. The problem I have found is that this doctor wants to charge me a $250 program fee... I already paid $500 to PV WL Clinic for my program fee, which I ASSUMED was for the entire YEAR until my yearly check. I cannot afford to pay another $250, when all I want is #1) my yearly checkup, and #2) support meetings that aren't in Scottsdale, as I live W of there. So... Does anyone know of another surgeon whom I can see who will NOT charge me to simply have a checkup at my 1-yr anniversary, and get some support meetings (somewhere), and have my labs checked? I could use the advice. Liz
Sandy in Tucson
on 1/5/06 8:54 pm - Tucson, AZ
your former Dr should pay........he took your money and is not performing a service you paid for.......I see there is a problem there. call some agencyes that deal with drs I am not sure where to go....but there has to be some agency that is above that dr. that would put pressure on him to make good so you do not have to pay more fees. I did hear he was very sick...terminal...so who knows. Good luck...Sandy 158 lbs down Dr. Fang PS Maybe your insurance would cover Dr. Fang at St. Lukes...he is wonderful. Personally if I was going to have to pay any dr for after care it would be Dr. Simpson......I do not care for the dr---where you you refered too....I know other patients that she takes of. My opinion. dr. simpsons web site is drsimpson.com
(deactivated member)
on 1/10/06 9:44 pm - Phoenix, AZ
Dr Simpson wont accept patients who have had their surgery done with someone else. I already checked. Dr Juarez will accept tho. I sympathize with you Liz - I was with Dr Magary also, and had my surgery 06/28/05 - I only had 2 followup visits post op before the clinic closed!!! I really think PV Hospital is at fault here for collecting monies for services NOT provided, and should be held accountable. But thats just my opinion.
Most Active