Unjury protein...please read

Sandy in Tucson
on 1/5/06 10:30 am - Tucson, AZ
I just love Unjury protein. Unjury is one of the best protein supplements money can buy for bariatric patients. I have only used the choc. and unflavored. I just figure it up...it is like a dollar a scoop and it has 20 grams of protein per scoop. You get about 15 scoops per container. Do not get me wrong I also like the liquid Isopure(Vitamin Wherehouse $3.00 each)and the Profect protein (I just got 2 cases of red from Ann). But, for your best value money wise Unjury is for me. I take a scoop of choc. Unjury add it to 1/2 cup room temp coffee (stir), then I add 1/2 cup cold skim milk.....then I heat it in the microwave 1.5 min. I then add more coffee like another cup...then reheat again in microwave...stirring before heating. Then I add sugar free Da vinci carmal or hazelnut syrup to the coffee-protein drink(TJ MAXX). It is heavenly. The trick with protein powders never add it directly to hot liquids or to cold-cold liquids it will ball up and look like wet toliet tissue--- yucky...trust me it has happened to me. Ok, now your going to say...you add it to coffee, but coffee is not allowed. Well, I did not drink coffee to I was 6 full months out. And the nuitritionist at St. Lukes told me it was ok to drink coffee if I drank an additional 8-12 ozs of water per day for the coffee-protein drink I drank. I just want people to look at the Unjury web site as an another great alternate to protein. I believe in protein to the tee. I see others not using it and guess what they stopped losing weight or are not losing weight. I spend $120 a month on protein supplements every month. Call me obessed...oh well. I believe in them. This is the web site for Unjury www.unjury.com Sandy Newkirk Dr. Fang 11/04/04 347/340/182/150 158 lbs down Up Thread | Message Index | View Source | Unwrap Lines Message 20146 of 20146 < Previous Message | Next Message > Message # Search: Post Message YAHOO! SPONSOR RESULTS Bariatric Weight Loss Center - At Barix Clinics, weve helped thousands of people achieve their most ambitious weight-loss goals quickly. Now, we want to help you with our revolutionary Roux-en-Y gastric bypass surgery. www.barixclinics.com Medical Weight Loss Support - Return to health with Sanovivs non-evasive Lap Band procedure. Video testimonials, photos and a virtual video tour of our hospital. Call for free DVD. www.sanoviv.com Redefining Weight Loss-Energy Reading - Try a new approach. The Spiritual Alchemist reads your energy to find the foods that your nourish body. When you eat foods that nourish, you lose weight and feel better without dieting. store.spiritualalchemist.com -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Copyright © 2006 Yahoo! Inc. All rights reserved. Privacy Policy - Copyright/IP Policy - Terms of Service - Guidelines - Help
Darlene X
on 1/5/06 8:59 pm - Maricopa, AZ
Personally I have to say I hated Unjury---- everyone raved about it, Hubby and I tried a few flavours and it was nasty. I found much better tasting protein powders at GNC. To all their own. I know some people really like it..... but before buying a lot I suggest they order the small sampler packets.
Sheryl Tilley
on 1/7/06 9:25 am - Prescott, AZ
Hi Sandy! I'm curious -- how many grams of protein are you getting in a day? Sheryl
Sandy in Tucson
on 1/7/06 9:56 am - Tucson, AZ
I do about 60 grams in supplements every day,,,,Unjury or Isopure Liquid or the new protein Profect in the tubes.....I eat protein...like canned tuna-no mayi maybe some lemon in it or deli turkey or boiled chicken every day, bbq steak, lean-lean hamburger under cooked so it is not dry, and sea food like shrimp-lobster..crab., too.....plus about 2 cups of skim milk...I guess I take in 120 grams of protein per day. I do protein first.....veggies next....a little fruit....no bread...rice...potatoes....South beach stage 1 basically....sometimes I eat some grains like oats....flax seed...bran....but not daily. I do about 1 tablesspoon of peanut butter daily...it is more fat grams than protein...a bad source of protein bec of all the fat grams...but I like peanut butter, I have lost 160 lbs now following these rules.. It works if you watch what goes in your mouth and it is tuff. I also been walking or hiking 3-4 times a week example: Sun walked 4 miles Mon walked 6 miles today I hikde up a 2,000 ft elevation over all 4 miles. So, you got to move and watch the amt of protein you eat...keep carbs way down....count calories....very important to count calories and move. Call me anal...I suppose...the surgery is a tool...we got to make it work...I am now thinking of hiking the Grand Canyon in May...I am just thinking about it right now. Sandy in Tucson Dr. Fang 11/04/04
Sandy in Tucson
on 1/7/06 9:58 am - Tucson, AZ
I replied to your post...not sure if it went to your private e-mail acct...I hope so...How are you doing Sheryl? I hope everything is well. Sandy
Sheryl Tilley
on 1/10/06 6:08 am - Prescott, AZ
Hi Sandy! Thanks for the reply! I get in about 70 grams of protein a day - according to Juarez's manual he gave us. Should I be shooting for more protein grams? I am 2 and 1/2 months out. I'm down 44 pounds. I wi**** was MORE! Sheryl
Marilyn C.
on 1/9/06 1:10 pm - Bullhead City, AZ
HI Sandy, I believe in protein drinks as well, unfortunately with my finances the way they are lately, I just can't afford the protein. I also like the Champion Whey Choc. It is my favorite. I will check out the unjury website as well as I am always looking at different products. I trust our judgement on it as you have been out there as long as I have. Marilyn, the Bearlady
Most Active