Pureed Foods?

jbpeterson17
on 1/4/06 2:30 pm - Tucson, AZ
First of all, let me say a big THANK YOU to all of you all that posted to my last message ("10 days post-op...Depressed). It really did get me through a hard time by reading all of the encouraging words. Now for my next question. Next week I begin the "Pureed Foods" phase for 2 more weeks. I'm excited about expanding my eating options, but I'm a little turned off by "blending my food to smooth consistancy". Another option they gave was buying baby foods....blah. Does anyone have any good suggestions to help me "enjoy" this portion of my recovery. Thanks again! Jennifer - 17lbs since morning of surgery
Darlene X
on 1/4/06 8:53 pm - Maricopa, AZ
Refried beans w/ mild picante sauce, lite sour cream and a little cheese.....mmmmmmm
Darlene X
on 1/4/06 8:54 pm - Maricopa, AZ
Oh and on a silly note---- My Hubby was told about this guy that broke his jaw, so he could only eat pureed stuff. He would takje a few slices of pizza, put them in a blender, and add beer and blend till smooth..... can you say EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW
Jenn T
on 1/5/06 4:48 am - Tempe, AZ
Darlene, I second your "EWWWWWWWWWW"!!! I can't even imagine how gross that must have been! Jenn
Arizona_Sun
on 1/5/06 4:09 am - Gilbert, AZ
Actually a good tasting soup that is blended is pretty good. I remember enjoying it a lot when I was in that phase. Now baby food is indeed blah, yuck. Sandy
Sandy in Tucson
on 1/5/06 7:56 am - Tucson, AZ
I do not know what to tell you. It is not easy. Just wish I was at where your at....so I could loose the weight so much faster. I suggest doing what the dr. advises...if they say baby food...eat baby food. This phase will pass....and then you will be wishing you were losing as fast as you have been again. Sandy in Tucson 158 lbs down 347/340/182/150
Darlene X
on 1/5/06 9:34 am - Maricopa, AZ
Ive actually heard that baby food blended in with some mashed potatoes is kinda good. Turkey falv mashed potatoes and such... Baby food is high in fat and sugar though, so watch what you buy if you try the whole baby food thing. There are a billion ideas for cottage cheese if you like that.
AZWinner
on 1/7/06 12:42 pm - Glendale, AZ
I've heard you can blend up almost anything in those Magic Bullet things. Another group I am in raves about them. Pureed foods has to be better than liquids! Patsy
Most Active