OT:Relocating to the Phoenix Area

Darlene X
on 1/4/06 12:39 am - Maricopa, AZ
Also---- I agree with avoiding Queen Creek--- it is VERY far away, your looking at 1 hr to 1 hr 30 minute commute to Phnx. As for the comment about not buying in Pinal county--- I have to disagree. Maricopa is in Pinal county, and a GREAT place to buy right now. The schools are developing, they are in the process of building new schools. There are lots and lots of families with kids here that have no issues. Anything else in Pinal county is too far away for where you will be working.
Catlover
on 1/5/06 12:20 am - Fremont, CA
Thanks Darlene! Everyone here has been great about giving me information. We are flying in next Friday so we hope to see as much of the different areas as possible. Pam
Christine In AZ
on 1/4/06 3:47 am - Way Down South in AZ
Pam, Your sister should go to www.greatschools.net They've got awesome information on all the schools in Arizona. You can find test score averages (on state mandated testing), student/teacher ratios, general performance ratings, and parent written ratings. It is a pay site, cost about $17 per year. Email me at [email protected] and I'll give you my sign in info, if you want to save a few bucks. I've got a month or two left to go. You can get really unbiased info on schools there. By the way, the schools in Maricopa have very low ratings according to this site (bottom 10 & 20%'s in all categories). One parent review gave 5 stars (the best), but it was for a completely different school....it was under Maricopa Elementary's page, but written for Neely School in Gilbert. This must've been the parent not realizing they were posting to a different school from what they intended.
Celeste R
on 1/4/06 10:38 am - Maricopa, AZ
Hi Pam I just recently moved to Maricopa, Az from Ca. I like it here. We are pretty close to the mall only about 20 min away. Also the house prices out here are totally affordable. I am currently purchasing a house from a builder called Homelife Communities. I bought a 2700 sq ft model home with a pool for $320,000. Tell your sister to email me and I would be happy to let her know about a few of the new developments out here. Another really good builder is Lennar Homes. I regret cancelling my Greystone home(a lennar company), but I needed a bigger home with a better price. You know how that is. Well please email me privately through OH and I would be happy to give you an idea of some good communities since I spent 4 months looking at these homes over and over again before I decided what I wanted. Well Pam I wish you sister the best of luck with her house shopping. It's fun!!!!!!! Celeste Lap Rny 5/19/05 270/168/135
Darlene X
on 1/5/06 3:48 am - Maricopa, AZ
Hey Celeste, What neighbourhood you in???? We bought a Greystone home--- In Acacia Crossings behind the Basha's in Oct 2004. LOVE Maricopa!!!! Darlene
Most Active