Incredible Shrinking Woman--Month 4

Do-over Girl
on 12/22/05 2:10 pm - Tempe, AZ
Okay...I know that sounds like a bad "B" movie title but seems to fit where I'm at this month. I had my 4 month check up with my bariatric surgeon Dr. Blackstone today and the dietican. I am down a whopping 87.5 pounds in just 4 months! Well, I should have figured as much since all week long at work; I have had many people commenting on how good I look, am I losing weight? what am I doing, etc. I just smile, say "thank you" and that I'm trying really hard. Even heard my dimples when I smile are back so the loss in my face is fairly dramatic. So this visit also means that I can finally add in fruits and veggies slowly ---as well as additional things like occasional whole grains...with the proviso that I still eat 3 bites of protein first at any meal. I also need to try to get 60 grams of protein in a day when at all possible. My blood pressure is down dramatically to 126/71. So I need to step up my exercise and keep at that so that is becomes routine and my weight loss will continue in this pattern of going down, down, down. Thanks for listening, your support and encouragement it means so much to me. Happy Holidays!
Darlene X
on 12/23/05 11:03 am - Maricopa, AZ
You are doing so great!!!!! Congrats on the check up!!!! Wow I cant beleive you had to wait till 4 months out for fruit and vegies!?!?!?
kmastin
on 1/15/06 9:03 am - Phoenix, AZ
I was reading the older posts, and see you had Dr. Blackstone as your Dr. I had my bypass with her on 10/31/05. It has been great! Glad to hear of your success and hope you continue on the losing path. Karen
Most Active