Dr. Zahn's retirement/Villares question

simply_jess
on 12/15/05 1:11 pm - Phoenix, AZ
why do I feel like the last one to find out the news? I am preop (still lol) and I thought, assumed, Dr. Zahn would do the surgery for me since I went to his seminar and did a consultation with him. But December seems to be the crazy month, lol, and I got a letter in the mail today from the Bridges Centre informing me that yes, Dr. Zahn is retiring as of the first of Feb. So I didn't freak out. I am very proud of that fact because in past situations I have let the problem get the best of me. I just researched more info on Dr. Villares and the testimonials seem great and Dr. Zahn's confidence in him makes me feel less worried. I just want to meet him though before I go any further. But I do have a question in regard to Dr. Villares.... where does he perform the surgery, St Luke's or Banner Good Sam? Thanks -Jess
Sandy in Tucson
on 12/15/05 8:59 pm - Tucson, AZ
I know he worked at St. Lukes and operated on several of my friends there last year. He may use Banner, too...not sure. Sandy in Tucson 154 lbs down
Darlene X
on 12/15/05 9:02 pm - Maricopa, AZ
Last I heard from a nurse at St Lukes--- he moved his office, and doesnt use St Lukes anymore.
Melissa P
on 12/15/05 11:23 pm - Phoenix, AZ
Hi Jess, He works out of Good Sam. My sister was scheduled for surgery with him on December 12th. She cancelled her surgery for personal reasons non related to him. She said that he is a great doctor. We went to his seminar together and he seems very experienced. Melissa
simply_jess
on 12/16/05 2:14 am - Phoenix, AZ
thank you so much Melissa
VeeKay
on 12/16/05 7:45 am - Prescott Valley, AZ
He uses Good Sam, and he is a great surgeon. My surgery with him has been cancelled twice, both times due to me getting sick just prior to surgery,,,but he will do mine probably in January or early February, he is a great doctor.
mfergusont
on 12/17/05 1:06 am
Hi Jess! I had Dr. Villares and I cannot say enough good things about him!! He is a great surgeon, very knowledgeable, and his bedside manner is awesome! When I had my surgery, it was at St. Lukes, and his office is still there but he performs surgery at Banner Good Sam now. Its possible that he is moving his office though, but I just went to my 6-mo appt. on Dec. 7th and it was in his current office in the medical office building section of St. Lukes. Good Luck to you, Jess! ~Tiffany
Most Active