I'm back to the land of the living!

Ginger
on 12/9/05 8:57 am - Chandler, AZ
Hi fellow Arizonans! After 14 days of being held captive over at St. Luke's.....I am HOME!!!! I had a really horrible surgery experience. I anticipated LAP....they found a hernia that was strangglating my intestant (my spelling is the worst!) and they removed a stomach ulcer...finally after 4 hours my OPEN RNY was completed. I was in intensive care for 3 days! after a few days...I was told...after a CT Scan..that I had a pulmunary inbolisim (blot clot on my lung) I was hooked up to IV's and oxygen. I couldn't even go to the bathroom without assistance....that was the hardest part. My little sister and my hubby are my heros! Without them and the rest of my family...I don't think I would had made it. I gotta tell ya..the depression mode hit me hard! It was allot of blood testing and waiting till my meds were balanced. I am so thankful to each of you on this board who worried about me, called me, visited me, or sent your good wishes my way. I really appreciate it and Again..so thankful to be alive! Love, Virginia aka Ginger
sallyann
on 12/9/05 11:09 pm - page, AZ
im glad to hear that you are doing much better! I Hope the rest of the weight loss surgery experience is going to be a smoother ride for you! hang in there. Everyone says its so worth it. I hope to have surgery in March or April of 06. Take care and best wishes! Sally
Ginger
on 12/10/05 8:58 am - Chandler, AZ
Hi Sally, thanks for your good wishes! I hope that I didn't scare anybody away from the WLS. I think I scared my sister away from it. I had a bad experience..but I try to keep in mind that I had 3 surgeries at one time. For instance, after Dr. Fang found my intentines messed-up with the hernia and found the stomach ulcer..i was lucky to have them removed. Everything that happened to me after that was just plain bad luck...I just wished that my family and I would had better prepared ourselves in the case that more time is needed in the hospital. I have a feeling that it's gonna be a long time before I can even drive by a hospital...if ya know what I mean. Good luck with your upcoming surgery! Keep us all posted..I really wanted this surgery..hopefully I can be a success story some day. Virginia aka Ginger
Kathy S.
on 12/10/05 9:49 am - PHX, AZ
Virginia aka Ginger, OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have prayed for you and wondered where you have been! No...... I thank you for reminding me WHY my Pulmonary clearance is so necessary! Did you know about the hernia beforehand? How would you know if you do? The open RNY will require more recovery time and TLC for you. Hopefully the worst of this is over and you areheaded down the WLS path to wonderful health! Otherwise how are you doing? My appointment for the pulmonologist got bumped up to this Monday and if all goes well we'll resubmit! Kathy
anna
on 12/11/05 11:29 pm - Prescott Valley, AZ
Virgina, So glad you are home ! I do know how you fill been there...ugg I am to so thank full for my husband and sister she kept telling me it would be worth it by giving it a couples months which took 7 but glad now.. and it does get better. Take care and hugs, Anna 229/222/150
Debbie E.
on 12/16/05 5:40 am - Surprise, AZ
And I thought having to go thru 2 endoscopies and an ulcer was bad! You never realize how good you have it till you hear a story like yours. I am so glad to hear you are home and feeling better. I hope your road to recovery is a speedy one.
Most Active