Any advice??

SweetCivi
on 12/3/05 9:34 am - Yuma, AZ
My insurance just approved WLS. I am waiting for my surgery date. Does anyone have any advice for me to help me get ready for surgery?
JRinAZ
on 12/3/05 1:17 pm - Layton, UT
Congratulations! .... I"d suggest ditching as many bad habits as possible BEFORE your surgery. If you drink diet coke then detox before the surgery so you don't have migraines afterwards.....stop drinking coffee now....stop smoking now.....START walking now......The healthier you can be going into surgery; the faster you can mend and get onto a healthy losing track! It's an exciting waiting period......STUDY, STUDY, STUDY so you can live the changes forever! Joyce
SweetCivi
on 12/4/05 6:31 am - Yuma, AZ
Thank you very much for your advice. I appreciate it very much Kristin
Sandy in Tucson
on 12/5/05 4:27 am - Tucson, AZ
Congratulations Kristin!!!!! How exciting!!! I remember the day I was approved after being denied. I nearly fainted. Who is your Dr.? Is there any support groups in Yuma, I hope so? We have 700 members in our group.....not all are active. Sandy Newkirk 151 lbs down 11/04/04
SweetCivi
on 12/5/05 7:26 am - Yuma, AZ
Thank you. I did almost faint (only after I cried). It was one of the happiest days of my life. I am going through Scottsdale Bariatric (Dr. Koler is the one that I saw). I haven't found any support groups here in Yuma. But I am surrounded by many people (friends, family, and co-workers) that have all had the surgery and they are my support. I couldn't have made it this far without them. The waiting for them to call me with my surgery date is killing me. WOW.. 151 pounds ... that's impressive. How much more to lose? --- Kristin
Sandy in Tucson
on 12/5/05 8:24 am - Tucson, AZ
I am 39 lbs from goal.......it will take me another 6 months to reach it....at the rate I am going...but that is ok. Sandy in Tucson 340/189/150
Most Active