Please help me want to weigh myself

Texas Girl
on 11/29/05 8:37 am
Hi, I am 10 weeks out and have not weighed myself in 2 weeks, I hate weigh.. Before I returned to work on the 15th of this month I weighed weekly, but I was exercising everyday. Please let me know how you sike yourself up to weigh... I just hate those scales... Thanks Connie Jones
JRinAZ
on 11/29/05 12:18 pm - Layton, UT
Connie, I am 3 years post-op and I have to tell you that one of the best gifts I gave myself is the journal I kept on my losing journey. I weighed myself off and on but ALWAYS made a point of weighing neked on Friday mornings. I would record it, my waste, bust and thigh measurements and a couple of thoughts on the week. I was going daily with it but that was way too much maintenance....I eventually went to monthly and then faded off....BUT if ever I wondered how I was doing...it was tracked for me and recorded. I couldn't whine about long plateaus cuz I saw the evidence! I couldn't say I wasn't doing great because again.....there was evidence. .... I fiddled with the Fitday.com tracking thing too and that was fun to see the little dot finally move into the "normal" range! Very rewarding! BUT, sweetie pie...you've got to get on that scale and find the numbers before you can record them! This is the mos rewarding time in the journey....don't short change yourself of the thrill of seeing the diminishing numbers! Make a plan and stick to it! *smiles* Joyce in Chandler
Sheryl Tilley
on 12/1/05 2:43 am - Prescott, AZ
Hi Connie! It may be how you talk to yourself. Instead of saying "I HAVE to weigh myself." - say "I GET to weigh myself." Repeat over and over - "I am so lucky!" Repeating "I am so lucky!" got me through all my pre-op tests. Hugs! SHeryl
FakeBake
on 12/1/05 9:22 am - AZ
Connie...Awwww, I don't have any answers for you! But Sheryl is right!!!! We are all very lucky! I don't have a problem weighing myself! I don't get discouraged anymore, BECAUSE I KNOW that the weight WILL come OFF! I always have my husband weigh me since I don't have a digital scale..I can't read the small lines...lol. But it seems to help, having him be apart of it, because even if I lose a pound, he gets happy, so that makes me happy! Well best of luck to you... Your LOSER Buddy Tara
Most Active